[TCCM] Events for the Week of 5/7

Joe Pokora jpokora at MIT.EDU
Tue May 9 00:55:56 EDT 2006

This is MIT's Tech Catholic Community's (TCC) weekly email.
To unsubscribe use the list web page:
For up-to-date information: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for the Week of 5/7
---------------------------

- Congratulations
- Leadership Team

- Monday Nights
- TCC's "RCIA/Confirmation" Group
- Graduate Student Scripture Study
- Undergraduate Scripture Study
- Interdenominational Scripture Study
- Eucharistic Exposition- Weekday Masses
- Getting Married?
- Baptizing a Child?/Becoming a Godparent?

- Volunteering?
- Walk for Hunger with TCC

- MIT and YCT Catholic Connection
- Sidewalk Counseling at Planned Parenthood

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- Congratulations
To: James Stenard, Eddie Montemayor, and Laila Flores Cervantes
Who were confirmed alst weekend by Cardinal Sean at the Cathedral

- TCC is looking for Next Year's Leadership Team
Opportunities Include:
* Coffee & Donuts Coordinator
* Social Service Chair
* Monday Night Coordinator

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Monday Nights
** May  8 - Dinner & "Eucharistic Vocation" (Oblates of Mary)
** May 15 - Dinner & "Life's Many Vocations" (Ann Orlando)
Contact Brian Pate <bpate at mit.edu> for details and programming ideas.

- TCC's "RCIA/Confirmation" Group
Gathers Sunday at 4:00 pm in W11 Board Room. Stop by if you have
questions about adult Baptism or Confirmation.

- Graduate Student Scripture Study - RESUMES 2/22
Wednesday 6:30 - 8:00pm at St. Mary's Rectory
Join us this semester as we discuss the Gospel of Mark with Father Fred,
the pastor of St Mary's parish!  All you need is your bible!  St. Mary's
is at 134 Norfolk Street, near Central Square.  We will meet at 6:15pm
in Lobby 7 to walk over together.
Email e_basha at mit.edu for more information

- Undergraduate Scripture Study
This Bible Study meets on Thursdays at 8:30 in McCormick. It usually
runs for about an hour. The format of the study is basically reading,
meditating on, and discussing the Gospel for the following Sunday's Mass
during the first part, and then either listening to or reading something
of Catholic interest and discussing it.
Mailing list: compass-pe
For more info contact: joel_f at mit.edu

- Interdenominational Scripture Study
Interested in discussing Scripture with other Catholics and non-Catholic
Christians? This study chooses topics in advance about which Catholics
and other Christians usually disagree and then seeks to come to a better
understanding of these through Scripture as well as readings from the
early Church Fathers. It meets every other Thursday in W11 starting 10/6
from 7 -8:30pm.
Mailing list: tcc-ibs
For more information contact: joel_f at mit.edu

- Eucharistic Exposition
Join us Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:00pm for Eucharistic Adoration in the
Chapel.
For more information contact: mkward at mit.edu

- Weekday Masses
Join us for Mass Tuesday & Friday from 12:05 to ~12:35 in the Chapel.

- Getting Married?
Congratulations! Please talk to Fr. Paul as soon as possible to arrange
weddings here at MIT or to complete marriage prep and paperwork for
weddings happening outside of our community.

- Baptizing a Child?/Becoming a Godparent?
TCC loves to welcome children! Contact Fr. Paul to arrange baptisms here
at MIT or to receive help preparing for the sacrament outside of our
community.

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities
---------------------------

- Volunteering?
Contact F. Paul @ catholic at mit.edu for suggestions and listings!
"The Christ Connection": A part-time volunteer directory of
opportunities in the Boston area
"Connections 2004": A longer-term volunteer directory of opportunities
in the U.S. and abroad

- Walk for Hunger with TCC
Sunday, May 7
Our thanks and prayers!

---------------------------
Non-TCC Events (Catholic and Interdenominational)
---------------------------

- MIT and YCT Catholic Connection
Join a catholic message board with students from MIT and Yaba College of
Technology in Nigeria. Discuss issues of faith or just meet new people.
http://mit-yct-cc.blogspot.com/
Email Joel <joel_f at mit.edu>, Tony <tonyk at mit.edu>, or Paul
<pelliott at mit.edu> to join.

- Sidewalk Counseling at Planned Parenthood
Some members of MIT Pro-Life as well as some Catholics from parishes in
the Boston area come out each Saturday morning to do sidewalk counseling
at the Planned Parenthood on Comm Ave. This can involve anything from
praying, to holding a sign, passing out pamplets, talking with those
passing by, or simply hanging out  and being a supportive presence. In
addition, on the second Sat. of every month there is a huge Rosary vigil
there. If anyone is interested we'd love to have more people out there
on Saturday mornings. Contact joel_f at mit.edu