[TCCM] Events for the week of 9/25

Elizabeth Basha e_basha at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 26 09:26:09 EDT 2005

This is MIT's Tech Catholic Community's (TCC) weekly email.
To unsubscribe use the list web page:
For up-to-date information: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for 9/25
---------------------------

- Fall Retreat
- Fall Retreat Planning
- Coffee & Donut Help Wanted

- Monday Night
- Graduate Scripture Study
- Undergraduate Scripture Study
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Mid-Week Mass Schedule

- March for Life

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- Fall Retreat
Join us October 14-16 on retreat in Kennebunkport, Maine!  We leave at
5pm in buses for a prayer-filled, relaxing, free trip!  Sign-up with
Father Paul at catholic at mit.edu.

- Fall Retreat Planning
Interested in helping plan the Fall Retreat?  Join us for a planning
meeting on Sunday 10/1 at noon in the basement of the Student Center.
Contact Joel (joel_f at mit.edu) for more info!

- Coffee & Donut Help Wanted
TCC's after Mass Coffee & Donut events need your help to keep
happening!  Very little time commitment-set out donuts and make coffee
before Mass, clean up after people leave.  Questions or interested in
helping?  Contact Ashley (predith at mit.edu).

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Monday Nights
Join TCC on 9/26 in the Main Dinning Room in w-11 from 7-9. We'll be
enjoying stories from World Youth Day from students who got to attend as
well a guest priest.  Come by for the home-cooked meal, stay for the
people. Questions? Comments? Ideas? Contact aposada at mit.edu
<mailto:aposada at mit.edu> Want to cook? Contact steve_e at mit.edu
<mailto:steve_e at mit.edu>

- Graduate Student Scripture Study
Interested in discussing the details of scripture?  Join us in W11 on Tuesdays
from 6-7pm!  We are currently reading 2nd Corinthians, approaching it with a
mix of our own insights and commentaries. First meeting is this Tuesday (9/13).
Mailing list: tcc-ssg
For more info contact: e_basha at mit.edu.

- Undergraduate Scripture Study
This Bible Study meets on Thursdays at 7 in McCormick. It usually runs
for about
an hour and a half. The format of the study is basically reading, meditating
on, and discussing the Gospel for the following Sunday's Mass during the
first
part, and then either listening to or reading something of Catholic interest
and discussing it which will be selected at the first meeting this
Thursday(9/15).
Mailing list: compass-pe
For more info contact: joel_f at mit.edu

- Eucharistic Adoration
Join us Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:00pm for Eucharistic Adoration in the
Chapel.

- Mid-Week Mass
Join us Tuesday and Friday for Mass from 12:05pm - ~12:35pm in the
Chapel.

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities
---------------------------

---------------------------
Non-TCC Events (Catholic and Interdenominational)
---------------------------
- March for Life
Join Massachusetts Citizens For Life
on Sunday, October 2rd for the 2005 Respect Life Walk
To Aid Mothers & Children
at the Boston Common,
on the corner of Beacon and Charles Streets.
Pro-Life Mass with Archbishop O'Malley
11:00 AM at the Cathedral in Boston
Pre-Walk activities begin at 1:00 PM
and the Walk itself kicks off at 2:00 PM.