[TCCM] Events for the week of 10/1

Elizabeth Basha e_basha at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 2 22:34:23 EDT 2005

This is MIT's Tech Catholic Community's (TCC) weekly email.
To unsubscribe use the list web page:
For up-to-date information: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for 10/1
---------------------------

- Fall Retreat
- Coffee & Donut Help Wanted

- Monday Night
- Graduate Scripture Study
- Undergraduate Scripture Study
- Interdenominational Scripture Study
- Theology of the Body Study
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Mid-Week Mass Schedule

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- Fall Retreat
Join us October 14-16 on retreat in Kennebunkport, Maine!  We leave at
5pm in buses for a prayer-filled, relaxing, free trip!  Sign-up with
Father Paul at catholic at mit.edu.

- Coffee & Donut Help Wanted
TCC's after Mass Coffee & Donut events need your help to keep
happening!  Very little time commitment-set out donuts and make coffee
before Mass, clean up after people leave.  Questions or interested in
helping?  Contact Ashley (predith at mit.edu).

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Monday Nights

Looking for free food and an opportunity to meet other Catholics at MIT
while you learn? You should come to Monday Night where we'll provide a
FREE home cooked meal. This week come listen to Prof. Ann Orlando talk
about the Church in Italy during Medieval times. See you at 7 in
32-D451! (If you look on MIT Maps, they have floor level schematics for
Stata so you can find the room.  D means that it is the tower closest to
Bldg 36 and the rest of campus.)
Questions? Contact aposada at mit.edu  Want to cook? Contact steve_e at mit.edu

<mailto:steve_e at mit.edu>

- Graduate Student Scripture Study
Interested in discussing the details of scripture?  Join us Tuesday
from 6-7pm!  We will be meeting in 32-D451 and discussing 2nd
Corinthians Ch 6-7.  (If you look on MIT Maps, they have floor level
schematics for Stata so you can find the room.  D means that it is the
tower closest to Bldg 36 and the rest of campus.)
Mailing list: tcc-ssg
For more info contact: e_basha at mit.edu.

- Undergraduate Scripture Study
This Bible Study meets on Thursdays at 8 in McCormick. It usually runs
for about
an hour and a half. The format of the study is basically reading,
meditating
on, and discussing the Gospel for the following Sunday's Mass during the
first
part, and then either listening to or reading something of Catholic
interest
and discussing it which will be selected at the first meeting this
Thursday(9/15).
Mailing list: compass-pe
For more info contact: joel_f at mit.edu

- Interdenominational Scripture Study
Interested in discussing Scripture with other Catholics and non-Catholic
Christians? This study chooses topics in advance about which Catholics and
other Christians usually disagree and then seeks to come to a better
understanding of these through Scripture as well as readings from the early
Church Fathers. It meets every other Thursday starting 10/6 at 7pm.
Mailing list: tcc-ibs
For more info contact: joel_f at mit.edu

- Theology of the Body Study
Join us for a study of John Paul II's Theology of the Body!  We are
using a prepared study focusing on a commentary of his theology as well
as writings by John Paul II outlining his theology.  We meet every
Thursday at 7pm in W11.  Contact Elizabeth (e_basha) with any questions.

- Eucharistic Adoration
Join us Wednesday at 7:00pm for Eucharistic Adoration in the
Chapel. NO Adoration on Tuesday this week!

- Mid-Week Mass
Join us Friday for Mass from 12:05pm - ~12:35pm in the
Chapel. NO Mass on Tuesday this week!

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities

Non-TCC Events (Catholic and Interdenominational)
A group of young Catholic women in the area are heading down to Cape Cod
this weekend. The weekend getaway is an opportunity to meet each other
and to learn about a lay Catholic movement called Regnum Christi. The
group will be leaving Saturday and coming back Sunday afternoon. The
cost is $20 for food and accommodations. Contact aposada at mit.edu
<mailto:aposada at mit.edu> by 5:30 pm Wednesday if you are interested.