[TCCM] Events for the week of 2/21

Paul H. Elliott pelliott at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 21 15:36:23 EST 2005

This is MIT's Tech Catholic Community's (TCC) weekly email.
To unsubscribe use the list web page:
For up-to-date information: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for 2/21
---------------------------

- RCAB Intercampus Retreat

- Monday Night
- Women and Faith
- Weekly Prayer Schedule
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Mid-Week Mass Schedule

- TCC Service Project - Bread & Jams

- Walk for Haiti

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- RCAB Intercampus Retreat
February 23 at 5:30 pm at St. John's Seminary in Brighton.  The central
focus of this retreat is vocations.  Dinner and discussions about vocations
available.  RSVP with Fr. Paul (catholic at mit.edu).

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Monday Nights
TCC Monday Night: 7-9 in w11 MDH. Join us for a talk by Fr. Brian G.
Bachand, Priest Secretary to Archbishop O'Malley, is speaking on Marian
Devotion.  Dinner will be served.
Questions? Want to volunteer to cook? E-mail amorys at mit.edu

- Women and Faith
The Women and Faith group is now forming.  Join the women to drink tea,
support community, and discuss tradition and scripture in the context of
everyday life.
Our next meeting is February 27th at 11:00 AM in the W11 small dining
room.
Contact Hayley (hayley at mit.edu) for more information.

- Prayer This Week
Liturgy of the Hours - T-R 9:00am, 6:15pm, M & F 9:00am, 5:15pm, Sat
9:00am, 5:15pm, Sun
8:30am, 6:15pm.
Rosary - daily 15 minutes after the start of Liturgy of the Hours.
Meet in Chapel.  Contact Joel (joel_f at mit.edu) for more information.
If you don't see us in the chapel we are probably either downstairs
or just outside the chapel.

- Eucharistic Adoration
* Join us Tuesday 7:00pm for Eucharistic Adoration in the
Chapel.
* Wednesday Eucharistic Adoration- Chapel 7-8:30- So never know what to
do during silent adoration? After 10 minutes do you just have nothing
else to pray? Do you really want to spend more time in front of the
Blessed Sacrament? This Wednesday, Eucharistic adoration will be
accompanied by praise and worship music. So come by and sing your heart
out while praising Jesus who will most certainly be there. Contact
joel_f at mit.edu or aposada at mit.edu if you have questions.

- Mid-Week Mass
Join us Tuesday and Friday for Mass from 12:05pm - ~12:35pm in the
Chapel.

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities
---------------------------

- TCC Service Project - Bread & Jams
Serving dinner to the homeless at Bread & Jams
Sunday, February 27
St. James's Church (near Porter Square in Somerville)
Sign up for 1 of 3 shifts: 2:00-4:00, 4:00-5:30, or 5:30-7:30
Contact: chrisng at mit.edu
Sponsored by TCC and the GSC Funding Board.

Non-TCC Events (Catholic and Interdenominational)

- Walk for Haiti
We'd love to have you and a group of MIT students at the walk on April 10.
We'll be meeting at the St. Paul's Courtyard in Harvard Square at 1:30 PM
for registration. All the information, directions, and pledge forms are
available online at www.wfh2005.org.  All proceeds support Dr. Paul
Farmer's organization, Partners In Heath, and directly fund medical
services for deserving (but poor) Haitians.