[TCCM] Events for the week of 9/27

Paul Harrison Elliott pelliott at MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 26 19:46:33 EDT 2004

This is a weekly email sent out to all members of MIT's Tech Catholic
Community (TCC) announcing the events of the upcoming week.

To unsubscribe use the list web page:

This information can generally be found on the TCC webpage:
http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for 9/27
---------------------------
- Fall Weekend Retreat
- Intramural (IM) Sports (Badminton, Bowling, Foosball, Soccer, Dodge
Ball & Tennis)
- Simple Supper this Sunday

- Catholic Library Open
- RCIA and Confirmation starts this week
- Scripture Study
- Interdenominational Bible Study
- Monday Night Community Building Activities
- Weekly Prayer Schedule
- Mid-Week Mass Schedule

- Volunteer with the Charles River Conservancy
- Coffee and Donut Volunteers Needed

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- Fall Weekend Retreat
Sign-ups for the Fall Weekend Retreat to Kennebunkport, Maine are still
ongoing - email catholic at mit.edu to sign up.  The trip is from October
15-October 17.

- IM Sports
Interested in playing Badminton, Bowling, Foosball, Soccer, Dodge Ball
or Tennis?  Email steve_e at mit.edu to sign up for a TCC IM team.  All
abilities are welcome!

- Simple Supper
Join us this Sunday, the 3rd at 6:00pm for a dinner and social event.
If you'd like to help out, email Ana (aposada at mit.edu).

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Catholic Library Open
Interested in learning more about your faith, but not sure where to
look?  Check out the TCC Library!  Now open in Father Paul's office, we
currently have two bookshelves full of Catholic-related books!  Library
will be open on Monday nights from 7-9pm or by appointment (catholic or
e_basha).  For more information or to donate books, please contact
Elizabeth (e_basha).

- RCIA and Confirmation Classes
Never been Baptized or confirmed?  TCC's RCIA and Confirmation Group
begins this Sunday, October 3rd.  Classes will be every Sunday at 4:00pm
in the W11 Main Dining Room.  Contact Fr. Paul or Anne Theriault
(catholic at mit.edu).

- Small Group Scripture Studies
Scripture studies started last week, but you can still be involved!
There are two meeting times-Tuesday at 6:30pm and Thursday at 8pm.
Contact Elizabeth (e_basha) for more information!

- Interdenominational Bible Study
We're planning to do an interdenominational Bible study. We would
basically meet with interested Protestants and discuss different points
of interest between the two. One need not be an experienced apologist to
attend, all are welcome. I've found that one of the most profound ways
to grow in your understanding of your faith is to constantly question
why it is that you believe what you believe; and nothing quite brings
out those questions better than explaining it to others. The schedule is
still in the works, but I'll be sure to let you know when the first one
will be soon, so watch for that email. Until then, hope to see you at
prayer.  -Joel (joel_f at mit.edu)

- Monday Nights
Come participate in a community building activity. See you at
7:00 pm in the Main Dining Hall in W11.

- Prayer This Week
Liturgy of the Hours - M-F 7:30am, 6:15pm, Sat 7:00am, 6:00pm, Sun
9:00am, 6:15pm.
Rosary - daily 6:30pm.
Meet in Chapel.  Contact Joel (joel_f at mit.edu) for more information.
If you don't see us in the chapel we are probably either downstairs or
just outside the chapel.

- Mid-Week Mass
Join us Tuesday and Friday for Mass from 12:05pm - ~12:35pm in the
Chapel.

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities
---------------------------

- Volunteer with the Charles River Conservancy
Joint TCC/LEM (Lutheran Episcopal Ministry) service project
Saturday, October 9 from 9:00am to 2:00pm
Along the Charles River by the Weeks footbridge
Help restore the beauty and vitality of the charles river.  Work
followed by an ice cream social.
Sign up by emailing Christine (chrisng at mite.du)

- Coffee and Donut Volunteers Needed
We would like to start coffee and doughnuts after the 1pm Mass, but we
need some help!  Volunteers to setup before Mass and cleanup after Mass
will make this happen!  Both require approximately 20 minutes of your
time and (unlike 9:30) no driving is required.  Interested?  Contact
Ashley (predith) for more information or to volunteer.