[Tango-L] Or FB

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Thu Apr 9 10:45:25 EDT 2015

The ubiquitousness of FB notwithstanding, one marvels that people don't
realize that even if you ever just looked at it and did NOT join, you
are now being tracked from then on every minute you are on the web.
Every site you visit builds them your profile. So that when you arrive
on a site the ads are already situated there just for you. Of course
they keep your entire history from the first time they see you. It
cannot be denied that in this world we are all a commodity bought and
sold whether we know it or not.

For a large enterprise with a huge advertising budget this is gold - for
them and for FB. Also entirely creepy.

But now you know why I pay $50,000 a month to FB to catch you all with
my advertising!