[Tango-L] Campeonato Metropolitano de Tango

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Jul 26 13:38:39 EDT 2011

Once again, trying to parse the contest rules to determine the
"fairness" isn't the issue here, nor is the universality of art, nor
an Argentine Ballet dancer performing in the USA.

The issue in this court case was whether the competition rules for
2011, which was a Government run event, violated the anti
discrimination sections of Constitution of Argentina...

IANAL in any country, and I don't know anything about the Constitution
here in Argentina, so I think it is best left to judges and legal
scholars to decide this issue, and since two different judges came to
2 different opinions, it might not even be that clear to them.
Probably not an issue for dancers looking for "fairness."

I would bet that the organizers vet the 2012 rules with a few lawyers
before next year's competition, but this is Argentina, so anything is
possible