[Tango-L] Tango's Cutural Heritage

rhink2@netscape.net rhink2 at netscape.net
Thu May 27 12:49:58 EDT 2010

Hola All,

I realize I'm weighing in late, but I am a bit confused.  There seems
to be an underlying (or maybe overarching) assumption that one cannot
dance tango, even traditional tango, without knowing its history.  To
me that is like saying one cannot play baseball if one does not know
who Alexander Cartwright is.  What's yet more tenuous is the assumption
that one cannot play baseball well if one does not know about Alexander
Cartwright.

Clearly dancing tango and knowing about its heritage are two different
and independent things.

Bob