[Tango-L] Tango's Cultural Heritage

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 11:23:02 EDT 2010

Speaking for myself, it is the culture that is so unique which makes my tango a richer experience than it can be anywhere else. Having an inkling of the culture when listening to the music is then magnified 10-fold with the first breath of air inhaled upon arrival. Hearing the noise of traffic on Corrientes and of small children going to school across the street on Ayacucho, consuming cafe con leche y medialunas for breakfast in a local eatery, hearing Castellano on the radio, all that and much more is part of tango which can not be felt in too many other places (I have not been to other cities in Rio de la Plata region).

Small addition, Romero: men from around the world are drawn to Buenos Aires to dance as well, not only women. And there are lousy porteno dancers as well.

seek, appreciate, and create beauty
this life is not a rehearsal