[Tango-L] Kizomba, tango's African cousin

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Thu Jan 31 09:37:40 EST 2008

Oleh,

Firstly, I'm not denying any African roots of Tango.

But your reasoning here totally escapes me. How does a very modern couple dancing
something that vaguely resembles Tango, to something that sounds like African music,
in any way demonstrate the African roots of Tango? I can dance some Tango steps to
an Irish jig - would that show the Irish roots of Tango?

Keith, HK

 On Wed Jan 30  2:56 , "Oleh Kovalchuke"  sent: