[Tango-L] Info on dancing in Paris

Huck Kennedy huck at eninet.eas.asu.edu
Mon Jan 28 18:01:20 EST 2008

Sharon Zillmer <sharon.k.zillmer at gmail.com> writes:
> I have a friend/fellow tanguera who will be spending a week in
> Paris this February.  She is having problems finding information
> on milongas.  Is there anyone who could make a recommendation??
> Many thanks for your input...

     I've always had luck with this site, although as always with
website calendars, it pays to call when you get there to verify:

         http://tangoparis.free.fr/cal_e.php

     The above always gives you the closest Metro station to the
milonga, so then before you go to Paris you can plan your route
from your hotel's nearest Metro station to the milonga station at
this site:

         http://www35.ratp.info/orienter/itineraire.php

     Of course, if you stay late at a milonga, you'll need to take
a taxi home.  Often the best way to communicate that to the taxi
driver (particularly if there is a language barrier) is to simply
give him the name of your home Metro station, which any decent
taxi driver should know how to get to.

Huck