[Tango-L] En lo de Laura

Crrtango@aol.com Crrtango at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 18:02:58 EST 2008

I just want to clarify a point that I was reminded about. My post may been
misleading. Some people have the misconception that men used to danced together.
No, men never danced together, especially not in public...but they did
practice together for the reasons already stated. It was more of a didactic exercise
and sort of a macho way of comparing and trading steps. They had no choice
but to practice with each other if they wanted to impress the women at the
milongas, but dancing with the women was the real goal.   If they could lead each
other, they could lead the women.

When you see men dancing together today and trading leads, etc, that is
mostly a gimmick for attracting students.
Cheers,
Charles