[Tango-L] No dancing before the music?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 11:36:52 EST 2008

"Should we play the music people with their limited    culture perspective and ethnocentricity want to hear or ...."

Will the people with the limited cultural perspective

and ethnocentricity please stand up !

First one then another of the Tango-L posters begins

to stand the quickly sits down; LLene, Victor, Janis, Doug...

.. is it Jake???

OK..Here's Mario's take on it. I LOVE and am STRONGLY MOVED

by the classic orchestral Tango music, however one has got

to see the writing on the wall. This phenomena called the

TANGO is taking off, is rapidly evolving and so will it's

music. The dance seems to be taking on a life of it's own

and moving to different sounds...hasn't each of us found

ourselves unconsciously starting to weave into a few

tango steps while listening to a NON-TANGO song???

It's out of our hands .. there will always be the

Classic (I pray) but what's around the corner is

anyone's guess.   I'm hoping for new live music

from groups who play at Milonga's not just recording

studios.  With Sandra's help, we shall get it!