[Tango-L] New "nuevo tango" Sacrifices Tradition and Grace

june es esjune at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 01:18:37 EDT 2008

I agree with Skip's posting about the soundness of DNI technique. I regard myself as a tango dancer who enjoys both close and open embrace. I also took private lessons and practiced with their teachers. What they teach applies across close and open embrace. DNI also offers a total package - I took a program that, apart from tango, included a yoga session and a massage. To my delight, I found my body liberated from the kinks that had previously impeded my dancing. I became more aware of my breathing and how it helped me with where I was sending my energy in the dance. On my return home, I found to my surprise that I could apply what I had learnt to another dance-form and I moved with all-round greater ease as a result. For me, the DNI training affected me from head to toe.
I also found that the rapid expansion of student numbers at the DNI studio has placed strains on group-class space and time pressure on the hard-working staff. However, Dana and Mariela remained as charmingly attentive as ever. I am speaking from my DNI experiences of 2006 and 2007. I am looking forward to renewing my training with Pablo and Dana at the Berlin Tango Festival this May.
Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT