[Tango-L] Pleasing the Woman

ATANGO2@aol.com ATANGO2 at aol.com
Sat Jul 21 17:25:41 EDT 2007

Here's the deal:
Women could give a rip what the steps are.  We care  about how they feel.

If the embrace feels  good, the steps will likely feel good,  in open frame
or close embrace.  Simple or complex.

The man's task involves making the dance interesting, and that  involves
rhythmic interpretations, changes of direction, etc.  If the  embrace is
comfortable, we are ok with simple steps led with tenderness  and musicality.  If the
embrace is uncomfortable, the fanciest  steps in the world will be
uncomfortable and will not please  us.

We love changes of direction and intimate check steps, but our  top priority
is how you hold us.  If the embrace feels nice enough to  just stand there and
not even move, we know the dance will be good.   This is the main reason
that, in our opinion, some leaders can become  "good"  in a relatively short time.
 If they understand that we  care more about how the dance feels than how it
looks or what steps are  involved, they "get it."

To please the woman, concentrate on the embrace, then the  steps.

Polly McBride
All Things Argentine Tango
Portland Oregon