[Tango-A] Encuentro Milonguero Weekend with Susana Miller and Encuentro Milonguero Milonga

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 16:38:58 EDT 2015

Encuentro Milonguero Weekend with Susana Miller
Susana Miller Tango Bootcamps in Chicago, June 6 & 7 at American Tango Institute Encuentro Milonguero Milonga, June 6 at Latvian Center Susana Miller will return once again to Chicago to do two days of bootcamps on Saturday, June 6th and on Sunday, June 7th . These bootcamps will focus on taking the dance you presently have to another level. The topics are just representative of some of the topics that may be discussed wiht others. You can sign up with a partner or as an individual if you take the both bootcamps or purchase a single day bootcamp. We will attempt to gender balance the enrollment. Susana Miller will be available for a limited number of private lessons during her stay. We will also have a special Encuentro Milonguero evening on Saturday evening, June 6th. Susana Miller BOOTCAMPSSATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015 12:00-5:00 : Tango Bootcamp A.The steps and turns of Ricardo Vidort. Giros with Traspie, corridas of more than 20 steps. The workshops show the fundamentals; you learn from repetition with an emotional perspective to learn them.B. Pugliese. Rhythmic and choreography differences. C.Tango III. Sequence of one of the great milongueros: a turn with traspie and sacada. Tecnique for balance in turns. Amazing backward corrida (“run”)! D. Guided Practica. SATURDAY, JUNE 6, Encuentro Milonguero Milonga, 9:30pm - 1am+, Details below SUNDAY, JUNE 7, 2015 12:00-5:00 Tango, Vals & Milonga BootcampE. Milonga Intensive. Milonga Lisa (walking milonga) and traspie. Smooth transitions. between the two of them. verview of Milonga Lisa/Milonga Traspie. Extraordinary giro that can also be used in tango. F. Vals of Ricardo Vidort. How to implement the same techniques of tango into the vals. Understanding the different rhythms.G. Tango. Impeccable navigation with only 5 basics! How to weave them together. The more complex steps can fully bloom, once you gain in depth knowledge of these basics. Bring your camera – videotaping of the explanation is recommended. H. Guided Practica.  Location of Bootcamps: American Tango Institute, 325 N. Hoyne, Suite C-404, Chicago PRICING  Entire package: Saturday and Sunday Bootcamps: $160Entire package: Saturday and Sunday Bootcamps (couple): $300 Full time undergraduate students: Saturday and Sunday Bootcamps: $125Full time undergraduate students: Saturday and Sunday Bootcamps (couple): $200 Saturday Bootcamps: $90; Full Time Students: $70 Sunday Bootcamps: $90; Full Time Students $70  Mail check payable to: CHICAGO MILONGUERO, LTD., 123 W. MADISON ST., Suite 1400, CHICAGO, IL 60602  Pay pal payment: Payment can also be made through www.paypal.com . Please make payment to chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com and please note the bootcamps you plan on attending. Encuentro Milonguero MilongaSaturday, June 6 at Latvian Center, 4146 N. Elston, 2nd Floor, Chicago, The milonga will be from 9:30pm - 1am The Encuentro Milonguero event is exclusively for Milongueras and Milongueros who love the music of the Golden Age in tandas & cortinas and appreciate and respect the Códigos of the milongas as in Buenos Aires , observe and follow. It is an intimate place reserved for close-embrace tango, where we dance not just with a partner, but also with other dancers on the floor. We select partners with the mirada y cabeceo from our seats. We dance in a social way with everyone and do not only dance with the same people. It's where move on on the dance floor with our feet on the floor, respecting the line of dance. We make space for dancers ahead of us and we leave space for dancers following us. We enter the dance floor, respecting those who are already dancing. If you do not agree to this way of dancing at our encuentro milonga, you would not enjoy this experience and the magic of such event. If you agree with it, we will be pleased to share these moments with you. We will attempt to gender balance the encuentro so advance notification is required to attend. Please send an email to chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com if are not participating in the bootcamps and would like to attend the Milonga. The milonga entrance is free for those who have purchased a full boocamp pass prior to May 24th. For others, the milonga entrance is $10/ $5 students for those participating in the bootcamps. For all others the cost is $15/ $10 students. For more details go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/398631243653552/ Milonga RubiaOn Friday, June 5th, Phoebe Grant will have her Milonga Rubia at Candela Restaurant, 2451 N. Milwaukee, Chicago.  There will be special pricing for participants of the Susana Miller bootcamps. More detail to follow. BiographySusana Miller has researched and studied the dancing of the older milongueros, each of whom has created a unique way to tango. She has been able to decipher their distinct vocabularies and choreographic combinations, and found a way to transmit these to students. Susana encourages students to employ more rhythm in their dance, to discover their own dance vocabularies, and to learn how to shape and shrink these in space. For women, she encourages active following, in which the woman interprets the messages that the leader's body and the spirit are sending.  Clarin, the major Buenos Aires daily paper, called her one of the four most important influences on contemporary tango, along with Miguel Angel Zotto, Gustavo Naveira and Gerardo Portalea. Susana is a native of Buenos Aires and has been dancing and teaching tango since the late 1980s revival of social tango. She founded and operates her own tango academy in Buenos Aires, and is the owner of one of B.A.'s most popular tango clubs, El Beso.  She has made annual teaching tours to the United States and Europe since 1994. She will help students improve posture, axis, grounding, breathing, balance, and sensitivity to the lead and follow roles. She aims to encourage dancers to develop their own unique improvisational styles through knowledge of the music, space and body. Her classes will emphasize step quality and rhythm. Rather than predetermined patterns, she will impart a basic choreographic vocabulary that allows dancers to creatively shape their own language.  INFORMATION INFORMATION For more information regarding Susana Miller Tango please go to: http://susanamiller.com.ar/ For more information concerning the workshops or to schedule a private lesson contact Ray Barbosa at chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com (708) 955-6040. A flyer also is available on line at www.chicagotangofestival.com/SUSANAWS  Private Lessons: One Hour Private Lessons: All individual students for privates must come with a partner, though instruction will be dedicated to person taking the class. Susana is offering a special rate for private lessons to those students who register for her workshops; the rate is $125/hr plus floor fee. For others, the rate is $135/hr plus floor fee. Priority will be given to those who attend the bootcamps. Susana will be available all day Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for private lessons.  Thanks to everyone that attended the 2015 Chicago Mini Tango Festival.