[Tango-A] NA-E: 125 Years of Tango: A Walk Through the History of the Dance

Antontango antontango at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 19:04:57 EDT 2015

It is with great excitement that I announce the exhibit 125 Years of Tango: A Walk Through the History of the Dance. This is the first time any museum anywhere in the world has dedicated an exhibit to Argentine Tango and I am honored to be the curator and to have a small portion of my collection available for the world to see. I have spent the greater part of my life thus far collecting these artifacts and am thrilled the world now has an opportunity to see them with their own eyes.

Here is the official blurb about the exhibit:

The only exhibition of its kind, 125 Years of Tango presents costumes, music, artifacts and historical details dedicated solely to Argentine Tango.  Beginning with the primitive tango of the 1890s through the modern tango of today, this exhibit explores the rich history of the dance. The Museum is proud to have collaborated with world-renowned tango dancer and historian Antón Gazenbeek, whose private collection makes up much of the installation.  Gazenbeek is celebrated in the tango community for having amassed the largest tango archive in the world. 125 Years of Tango will feature extremely rare film footage, some of which will be shown publicly for the first time. Don't miss this opportunity to explore the history of the world's most seductive dance!

125 Years of Tango: A Walk Through the History of the Dance.

March 2015 through March 2016

National Museum of Dance
99 S Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866