[Tango-A] NA-C: 2015 Chicago Mini Tango Festival - Monica Maria Fumagalli and Yatma Diallo

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 02:53:12 EST 2015

Chicago Milonguero, Ltd. NEWSLETTER  :  January 8, 2015

2015 Chicago Mini Tango Festival
Additional Instructors

The  2015 Chicago Mini Tango Festival -- the 10th annualmilonguero festival in Chicago (http://chicagotangofestival.com)-- will be held from April 9 to 12, 2015.

We are excited to announce that Monica Maria Fumagalli and Yatma Diallo will be coming to the United States for the first time and join us from Italy/Senegal as instructors this year.

Monica Maria Fumagalli began focusing on Argentine tango in 1990, after many years of studying classical and contemporary dance.  She dances at various international events as well as for network television in Europe and Cuba and has taught for over 10 years throughout Europe and in Argentina.  With her academic credentials, Monica Maria has dedicated herself to serving as an ambassador of tango milonguero which she continues to investigate.  She wrote a thesis on tango for her program on Latin-American literature and continues to lecture on tango history and literature in Europe, Argentina and Cuba.

Yatma Diallo was born in Senegal, and has been living in Italy for 19 years.  His first dance experiences began in Dakar, Senegal in the world of salsa and hip hop, which he has continued in Europe.  Yatma was then introduced to the world of tango milonguero through some of the top instructors, including Susana Miller and Luis Alberto Rojas. Yatma regularly travels to Argentina to deepen his understanding and experience.  Within a few short years, he has been recognized as a professional in the field with his own unique contributions.  Yatma is a passionate advocate of tango, drawing from his experience in other popular dances along with his African heritage.  In class, a particular strength of Yatma is enabling students to understand, interpret and transmit rhythmical aspects to their dance.

Together, Monica Maria and Yatma carry on intensive teaching activities in ongoing dance programs in Italy and Spain and are co-creators of the project "Vela y Tango".  They teach workshops throughout Italy, organize tango events and tango sailing vacations as well as work study programs.

Come join our guests from Canada, France, New Zealand, Arkansas, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.

Additional instructors include Susana Miller, 2012 World Tango Champions - Facundo de la Cruz and Paola Sanz, Nelida "Nely" Fernando and Jose Luis Ferraro, and Alicia Pons and Luis Rojas.  DJs and possible additional instructors will be announced in the near future. Information on the instructors  can be obtained here: http://chicagotangofestival.com/instructors.html

Early Bird Rates are available for Festival Passes (Full Festival Pass, Saturday Arrival Pass, Undergraduate Student Pass,  Day Passes, Milonga Pass, and Beginner Pass) through Sunday, March 1, 2015.

The Festival will be held at the Rosemont Hilton. The special $121+tax rate per night for 1-4 people is valid for the 2015 Festival.  The hotel provides complimentary 24 hour shuttle service from O’Hare airport, 24 hour Stay Fit Gym access, and a reduced overnight parking rate ($10 per day for overnight guests and $10 for daily parking passes). For more details and to register at the hotel go to:  www.rosemont.hilton.com/chicagominitangofestival

Travel discounts are available on United Airlines and Avis. For more information go to:  http://chicagotangofestival.com/locations.html#discounts

We will have at least ten milongas and practicas and 22 workshops for Festival attendees.  As usual, we also plan to have some special “master classes”, as well as an "intensive beginner bootcamp" for the novice or new dancer. The workshop schedule should be available mid January.  Once we announce our workshop class schedule, registration priority to the workshops will be based on your date of registration to the Festival.  We will have a limit to the number of attendees per workshop.

The discounted Student Passes only apply to full time undergraduate students.  Students must show a valid student ID for the discounted rate.  If a dated full-time undergraduate student ID is not available at the time of the on-site registration, you will be required to pay the difference to match the non student Festival pass in order to attend.

To register for the festival, please go to: http://chicagotangofestival.com/register.html. Once you complete your registration form, please make sure to enter the captcha code to continue.

To see pictures from the 2014 Chicago Mini Tango Festival go to: http://chicagotangofestival.com/pictures.php
 EARLY, EARLY BIRD RATES:  Through Sunday, March 1, 2015, Early, Early Bird rates to purchase Festival passes is available.  Please go to the Registration link above and pay online or mail in your registration postmarked March 1, 2015 to get the special rate.

Subscribe to our newsletter on the 2015 website: link on our website, on our Facebook Page, or on Twitter

Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago in April.

Take care,
Ray Barbosa
Chicago Milonguero, Ltd.
www.chicagotangofestival.com