[Tango-A] NA-C: Fall Tango Festival - Champaign-Urbana, IL - Maximilano Cristiani & Jesica Arfenoni - Feb 21-23, 2014

Joe Grohens joe.grohens at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 02:59:05 EDT 2014

Dear Dancers -

The Champaign-Urbana Fall Tango Festival -- with the outstanding
Maximilian Cristiani and Jesica Arfenoni -- is upon us.

This weekend, Oct 31 - Nov 2.
At University of Illinois, Urbana

. six workshops with Maxi and Jesica
. three milongas (one w BBQ)
. three practicas
. shoe / dancewear boutique
. lecture-presentation on history of tango orchestras - by DJ Hernan Prieto
. and more

Full Festival pass: $140 / $80. A la carte prices also available.

Details/Register: http://cu-tango.com

Our pre-registration has so far been completely gender balanced. We
have an exciting blend of local dancers along with tango travellers
from all over the Midwest: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri,
Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Tennesee.

We have been having fantastic weather here at the University of
Illinois. It is sunny, sometimes crisp but not cold, beautiful fall
colors. It is a wonderful time to visit our campus. As my art major
roommate used to say around this time of year -- "everything seems so
collegiate". And you will be dancing and taking classes in the fine
and elegant facilities of the Illini Student Union.

Visit our website for all details: http://cu-tango.com

- You can take six master classes designed by the acclaimed teachers
and award-winning dancers, Maxi and Jesica.

- If you are interested in privates, you should start your inquiries
now. Maxi and Jesica will have times for privates Wednesday Oct 29
through Monday Nov 3.

- New addition! A lecture-presentation by our DJ Hernan Prieto, on the
"History of Tango Orchestras." Hernan will use slides and music to
talk about the origins and development of tango orchestras, how their
styles are or are not related, and how the orchestras relate to tango
dance "styles" such as salon and milonguero, among others. If you have
ever taken any dance classes from Hernan (who is also a tango
teacher), you know that one of his specialties is deep understanding
of the music. This class is not included of the festival pass...
Admission is $10 - pay at the door.

- Friday Oct 31 milonga will have a masquerade theme - costumes
optional, but welcome if you have them. Also it will include a light
buffet. There is a late-night after-milonga as well.

- Saturday Nov 1 milonga will be at the historic Urbana Landmark
Hotel. Dance performances by Maxi and Jesica! Music selected by DJ
Hernan. Buffet catered by Juan Luis of the Empanadas House.

- Sunday Nov 2 farewell milonga includes a barbecue, more dancing, and
live music by Tatiana and Tatiana -- aka Tatiango.

- Practicas - Each day during registration period.

- Shoe Boutique - by Chicago Dance Supply. Leni is bringing her entire
shoe stock of Comme il faut, 2x4 al pie, Turquoise, DNI, Darcos,
Odile, Bandolera/Axis, Souple/YuliB, and Madame Pivot. Designer ladies
tango wear will include Flute/Axis, The Gift of Dance, Mussa and DNI.

We hope you can join us October 31 - Nov 2, 2014

Full Festival pass: $140 / $80. A la carte prices also available.

It helps our planning when you pre-register, even if you do not pre-pay online.

Details/Register: http://cu-tango.com

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/686882528062019/

Contact/Questions: workshops at cu-tango.com

Free housing available with local dancers. Also some very good deals
with local hotels. Check our website.

And register today!

http://cu-tango.com