[Tango-A] NA-W: A Myriad of Non-Tango Activities available at BurningTango

Clay Nelson tangoclay at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:03:17 EDT 2014

Looking for a few non-tango activities for your
BuningTango<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001T9LMwJJ7G02vkyzl0xBHrkuTSFumrRyXYI9pRAQPmu3va5evoPo5nNWL-qXbCfIJpmInBX4F7Gf_AelyIZJm4Q0Y22rmtOt2jcCwr2vNrVWWDKqSQfdIT8Nz9dVwDRK0yXqMBcGNbWh_hk9T71LQ801OGosWA2eCwuNYE8yH2bM=&c=_PGDEBR4L4rzSunpLlL4NVKVLGV4cBx2rq32X6ZHedCHaHPGcxxu9w==&ch=tykyCUcfPBe_6nxBdVht3EQRYWcSepMn7-Czg4wJycaxwXSn4Q76lQ==>
weekend?
(June 27-19, 2014 in McCloud, CA.) Here's just a few suggestions from
previous attendees:

   1. Great gin and tonics at the American Legion Club!
   2. Camped at Castle Crag State Park. Great campsite with nice showers. I
   would recommend Burny Falls.
   3. Shasta Caverns were very refreshing and interesting on a hot summer
   day.
   4. Went up to Lava Beds national monument, Squaw Valley creek, and Seven
   Lakes Basin.
   5. We stayed a couple of extra days and hiked the river trail as far as
   we could. wonderful (even if we didn't catch any fish)!
   6. Mt. Shasta Caverns: Awesome! And cool in both temperature (71o year
   round) and wonder. $24 each, but that includes a boat ride there and back
   plus the tour inside the gorgeous caverns. Great fun!! Will be back next
   year!
   7. Went to Ashland for OSF... it was a trek but almost as fun and
   rewarding as Burning Tango!
   8. Ate a wonderful dinner in the McCloud Hotel - can't remember the
   name, it is the large hotel/B&B across the street from the old
   trains...........ate in the garden....great service and delicious food.
   9. camped at the dance RV camp and it was great too, clean and a pretty
   site under the trees with a view of Mt. Shasta
   10. Had a great hike on Mt. Shasta after driving up as far as the road
   goes and climbing to 9000 feet, to the snow far above the tree line.
   11. The cafe in the Merca0ntile that made wraps and shakes was great.
   12. "Organic Cafe in Mercantile the best food in town.
   13. White-water kayaked on the McCloud river--very scenic, very
   rigorous."
   14. We hiked to two of three McCloud River Falls. Short distance, and
   lots of good nature.
   15. Shasta City has plenty of restaurant choices - Mike & Tony's was the
   favorite.
   16. The American Legion hall was so much fun! Saturday morning pancake
   breakfast downtown McCloud were yummy!
   17. Aaron's at the Lodge was not bad at all. The sandwiches from the
   deli counter at the Mercantile were awesome.
   18. The waterfalls are also a great swimming spot.
   19. "RiverLodge had good food, great service, and live music
   20. Lake Siskiyou was good for morning swimming, Castle Lake was nicer,
   less people, clearer, cleaner water though a little colder, best for later
   in the day
   21. Aaron's @ McCloud River Inn: service was good, so was the food, and
   we sat outside with a great view of Mt. Shasta
   22. "We hiked the McCloud River to the Middle Falls. Restaurants in
   Shasta City: Mike and Tony's (Italian) - very good, Lily's - good, the new
   Thai restaurant -very good."
   23. "Lake Siskiyou is easy to get to, delightful temperature for
   swimming & has stellar views of The Mountain. Castle Lake is clear,
   delightfully refreshing & swimmable with many little places to picnic &
   swim & hoola hoop. A nearby hike goes to Hart lake which has Big Views of
   Mt Shasta & Castle
   24. Lake.McCloud Reservoir is a good swim, rimmed with evergreens.
   25. Any fly fisherman should camp at the old-timey Friday RV park which
   has ponds of trout (& an airstrip).
   26. The coffee house with organic wraps, soup, coffee and ice cream was
   great.
   27. We had bkfst at Dogwood Diner in Dunsmuir; milkshakes at the McCloud
   Merchantile; dinner at Cafe Maddalena and at Andaman Healthy Thai.
   28. We hiked the upper and lower McCloud river falls, quite nice and
   very easy.
   29. Also saw Lake Siskiyou since we stayed at the Mt. Shasta Resort. The
   restaurant at the resort was awesome.
   30. Hiked the Three Falls trail along the McCloud River. Well worth it,
   beautiful water falls. Remember to take sunscreen!
   31. The fishing was actually one of the reasons I attended the festival
   as I have fished that area for the past 35 years
   32. While fishing the lower (very, very remote section) McCloud Monday
    and Tuesday it dawned on me that there is a great opportunity for you
   to get to together with one or two of the local fishing guides to put on a
   little "Tango and Trout" seminar. Something that would transition from one
   to the other....fact is it could go both ways: Small group goes fishing
   then tango and then another group goes tango then fishing. I would be happy
   to put you in touch with the guides I know of in/around McCloud.
   33. Swimming in Castle Lake & the lower [?] Falls
   34. Castle Lake and River Falls diving
   35. The Falls! upper and lower.
   36. Lake Siskyou was lovely. It was too hot for this wimp to hike
   37. the Dance Country campground is excellent.... the folks who run it
   are super friendly.
   38. Hiked at end of road on Mount Shasta Also walked along the McCloud
   river trail between waterfalls
   39. Fridays RV campground is quiet and scenic.
   40. Lake Siskiyou has delightful swimming and water temperatures.
   41. McCloud waterfalls were refreshingly cold and festive with summer
   loving hikers/swimmers.
   42. I enjoyed seeing Fowler Falls, lower and middle.
   43. Swim in the Lake Siskyou, hiking around Lower Fall to Mid fall.
   Stayed in the shade at the RV park- highlight was coming home to my own
   place/RV each night! Also brought a town bike: coasted downhill with tired
   feet after the milongas, so excellent. Hiked from Panther Campground on the
   Shasta's flank. Swam at the Middle waterfall not far from McCloud- cold &
   perfect!
   44. Went swimming at Lake Siskyou, exceptional, really a highlight.
   45. Friday's campground is very quiet and has splashing stream for kids
   and dogs, but is 6 miles away.
   46. Lake Siskiyou was easily accessible and close to McCloud for
   swimming. The McCloud falls were also great, a combination of easy hiking
   and swimming.

Also, check out the Non-Tango Activities
Links<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001T9LMwJJ7G02vkyzl0xBHrkuTSFumrRyXYI9pRAQPmu3va5evoPo5nASwaoSvbed5cTJYctnKvudTFiA7el0wfVa5GHkofSwhWRMrFn3njqzhzauhG-cQXBJMbotS-CW61RGsronFOC6kspe8WoA7I1FdiP94O1fcaqEddU4T6Qacg3TpRypvlKdZba7s3jotFTdcByUS8-9hvxv84rwLiA==&c=_PGDEBR4L4rzSunpLlL4NVKVLGV4cBx2rq32X6ZHedCHaHPGcxxu9w==&ch=tykyCUcfPBe_6nxBdVht3EQRYWcSepMn7-Czg4wJycaxwXSn4Q76lQ==>.
And if you have't already registered, go to:BurningTango 2014
Registration<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001T9LMwJJ7G02vkyzl0xBHrkuTSFumrRyXYI9pRAQPmu3va5evoPo5nH6C3aMmcJsEG1Ixs1TdXWsnYnUJn_hDxBleAewp3rdaHsop5x6wij24X-hGng5VJWb1vnpS99PD8sAW7VM8kU41J92Df63k_r7-1iRDAkSCQim5tnDbQzZdZErTpvDhDrC_1RHQn09euXX4OoKTq9sSVKkaEc614bdfF0D4Dag8jVFjDXbs1HahHd2IlFsigaBkpXp4HRO3tKxHNZYNsHyWrft19kTmjVfDx-6pJLM6&c=_PGDEBR4L4rzSunpLlL4NVKVLGV4cBx2rq32X6ZHedCHaHPGcxxu9w==&ch=tykyCUcfPBe_6nxBdVht3EQRYWcSepMn7-Czg4wJycaxwXSn4Q76lQ==>
.

--
<http://www.tangoclay.com>
Clay Nelson