[Tango-A] NA-C; NA-E: Cuarteto Tanguero at Tango del Barrio in Cincinnati, April 12th

vmendez@fuse.net vmendez at fuse.net
Sat Mar 22 15:43:55 EDT 2014

APRIL 12, 2014
Join us at Tango del Barrio for an exciting live music experience with Cuarteto Tanguero! Learn, listen, and dance as these wonder- ful musicians present their innovative interpretations of classic Argentine tango compositions.

FEATURING
Ben Bogart: Bandoneon Daniel Stein: Violin Daniel Inamorato: Piano Matt McConahay: Bass

CLASS: The Argentine Tango Grooves 7:30 pm - 9 pm / all levels / $15
MILONGA
9 pm - 12:30 am / $25
Cuarteto Tanguero will perform two sets for your dancing and listening enjoyment
events payable via check/cash payable at door
tangodelbarrio.com

ABOUT THE CLASS:
The Argentine Tango Grooves: Di Sarli, D’Arienzo, Pugliese and Biagi.
Some of the best tango orchestras we all love to dance to were born in the
1930’s. Even though their music might sound wildly different at times,
the tango rhythms underlying these orchestras are firmly rooted in a very
codified tradition. In this class, we’ll explore these rhythms and develop
tools for learning to identify them in different contexts. We will then apply
this to our dancing, creating a playful interchange between leaders and
followers in some of the best repertory of classic tango.

ABOUT CUARTETO TANGUERO:
Through their innovative approach to classic tango artists and recordings,
Cuarteto Tanguero performs traditional tango through live concerts, mi-
longas and recordings, inspiring audiences to look and express themselves
through tango in new ways.
The quartet explores tango recordings, manuscripts, and publications
by old tango masters embracing the styles and practices of the tango
tradition. Through this in-depth research process, the ensemble distills
the essence of tango performance into new interpretations that allow
audiences to understand the genre’s past. Through their recordings and
performances, Cuarteto Tanguero shares the emotions, jokes, gestures, and
 features that speak to the universal human experience.

cuartetotanguero.com
Sent from my BlackBerry device from Cincinnati Bell Wireless