[Tango-A] NA-C; NA-E: OSCAR CASAS y MARIE ROACH in Cincinnati at Tango del Barrio July 18th-July 20th!!

vmendez@fuse.net vmendez at fuse.net
Mon Jun 30 23:41:23 EDT 2014

                     Oscar & Marie
            { workshop event schedule }

FRIDAY, July 18
7:30 - 8:45pm Technique for Men and Women (all levels) In this class we will “de mystify”
tango movement. Leaders learn how to invite, and followers how to execute any
movement. This material will be reinforced Saturday and Sunday.
8:45 - 9:30pm post-class guided practica
COST $25 (includes class and practica)
SATURDAY, July 19
11:30 - noon Registration and warm-up.
noon - 1:15pm Projections of the Leader and Follower (all levels) Control of the transfer
of weight with crosses or changes in the base.
1:30pm - 2:45pm Analysis of the Systems and Highways (intermediate/advanced) The
two basic systems, parallel and crossed, and the relative positions of the leader
and follower (the ‘highways’) open up endless opportunities for improvisation.
3:15pm - 4:30pm Milonga is Fun, Really! (intermediate/advanced) And not all that hard!
We will study the long and short of it, with simple variations
SATURDAY NIGHT
9pm - 12:30am MILONGA featuring a dance by Oscar & Marie
COST $12
SUNDAY, July 20
noon - 12:30pm Registration and warm-up
12:30pm - 2:00pm The Center of the Body of a Dancer (all levels) Understanding of the
center which is related to the embrace will permit boleos,, serpentines, embellishments
of the woman, etc. These movements are made in close embrace.
. 2:30pm - 4:00pm Unorthodox Crosses (intermediate/advanced) Discover how the crosses
work and use them as elements of decoration. Transform a cross into a
magnificent figure.
4:00pm - 5:00pm SPECIAL EVENT for Sunday Participants: Happy Hour and Raffle!
Stay after class for a toast to Oscar and Marie and to a successful weekend! Also,
all Sunday class participants will be entered into a raffle for a Tango del Barrio
gift certificate (must be a Sunday class participant to be eligible)
PRICING: Any individual class:
Saturday $30/person / Sunday $35/person
Package discounts if purchased in advance
online:
FULL-DAY SATURDAY discount:
$80/person pre-paid (all 3 classes)
FULL-DAY SUNDAY discount:
$65/person pre-paid (both classes)
FULL-WEEKEND discount:
$145/person pre-paid (all 5 classes)
All events at Tango del Barrio studio, 4138 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati OH
Sent from my BlackBerry device from Cincinnati Bell Wireless