[Tango-A] NA-E: Octavio Brunetti

Angela Maria Tango angelamariatango at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:02:38 EDT 2014

​Friends of the N.Y. tango community,​

 I am sharing with you the unexpected medical and financial challenges of
the DISTINGUISHED GIFTED ARTIST OCTAVIO BRUNETTI, who needs for us to send
him healing thoughts of good health, strength and support from the N.Y.
tango community.

Yesterday, a plead for donations was sent on Fb, by friends of the Brunetti
​ ​f
amily,
​"​
Our friend OCTAVIO BRUNETTI has been in the hospital since August 3rd and
fighting a severe bacterial infection that is life-threatening. The doctors
continue to search for the location of the infection and the cure, but so
far they have not found it. Every hour counts for him, as every cent counts
for his family, who will have to face huge medical bills. We decided to
start this fundraising campaign so that we can all raise money and support
Octavio's during these difficult times."

EL
​ ​
MAESTRO OCTAVIO BRUNETTI:

"Octavio Brunetti played with many important musicians such as famous
singer Alberto Castillo, Eladia Blázquez, Ruben Juarez, Domingo Federico,
Rodolfo Mederos and Osvaldo Piro, and he has shared the stage with Horacio
Salgan-De Lio and AtilioStampone. His talent took him to perform at the
famous Teatro Colón, Teatro San Martin,Buenos Aires, Teatro San Martin in
Córdoba, Argentina. In 2002, Octavio was named conductor at the Provincial
Orchestra of Popular Music in Cordoba.

He has played with bandoneón masters Daniel Binelli, Raul Jaurena, Hector
DelCurto and Tito Castro, and is one of the most sought after tango
pianists of our times. He founded his own tango quintet in September 2006,
the Argentine Tango quintet.[1] His recordings include “Saludos” with
Domingo Federico, “Tierra y Asfalto” with his own Duo, “Inquietudes” with
Omar Torres Quintet, and most recently he has recorded with world famous
cellist, Yo-Yo Ma ."
 ​ ​
​
 A few weeks ago, the N.Y.tango community was honored with a wonderful and
inspiring performance by the Octavio Brunetti Tango Orchestra at
 ​ ​
the Midsummer Night Swing festival at Lincoln Center
​.​

Let us pray for the healing of a great friend and a gifted artist who made
a difference in the world's tango community,  as he receives the spirit of
God giving him good health and strength. Let us all visualize him whole and
healthy back on stage playing his beautiful music. Please support him and
his family by making a donation towards his medical bills:  www.gofundme.com
 ​ ​
  by Ianina Wentinck

Thinking of Octavio and his family,