[Tango-A] NA-E: Rare Historical Tango Film Screening - 90 years of history

Antontango antontango at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 16:57:28 EDT 2014

Any Tango Teacher who is worth their salt, regardless of what style they teach, ought to see these films & any tango dancer who strives to dance an authentic dance ought to see these films.

Over the past 6 months, I have unearthed a number of films in private archives that contain moving images that dispel many theories, paint a very different picture than what many "tango historians" claim to be fact and will ultimately change the way the world sees Tango.

 I have decided to screen these films publicly as I believe the world deserves to see them & they do no good sitting in my private film archive. The films range from 1924 to 2014. That is 90 years of history!

For those interested in seeing the history of Tango with their own eyes, I'd highly suggest you be there. You won't regret it.

Tuesday April 29, 2014
7:30pm-9:30pm
Stepping Out Studios
37 W 26th St. 9th Floor, New York City, NY
$15 - just lecture $30 - lecture and dance class

Dance Historian Antón Gazenbeek will open up his private film archive for a public screening. Rare film clips of Tango Primitivo, Canyengue, Orillero, Tango Salón, Tango Fantasía and all the other styles of Tango will be shown. The films range from 1924 to 2014. That is 90 years of history!  After the one hour lecture, we delve into the heart of tango by learning some of the signature steps of the Maestros Milongueros seen in the films.

Don't miss this rare opportunity for a glimpse into tango's past!

Antón Gazenbeek
Dancer, Choreographer, Model
www.antontango.net
Sent from my iPad