[Tango-A] NA-E: Alex Krebs in Atlanta, June 6-8; not just another tango event

Angel Montero angel_montero01 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 21:11:19 EDT 2014

ALEX KREBS IN ATLANTA - JUNE 6-8 2014

Alex Krebs, one of the most sough after tango teachers in the US, will be back in Atlanta the first weekend of June. All the information about the weekend can be found at www.atlantatango.com/alex.html, but we want to give you an extra push.

With the proliferation of tango events not just locally but also in the region and the country; with teachers invited by local organizers or just passing by and teaching a couple of classes, there are strong reasons why you should choose this one over any other:

    * UNIQUENESS OF THE EVENT. Alex does not travel out of Portland more than 3-4 times a year. Atlanta and the Southeast are really lucky he has chosen us as part of his schedule.
    * QUALITY OF INSTRUCTION. Alex is able to communicate his passion for the dance in a more than easy way. No matter what your dancing level is, or the style you think you like the most, you will walk out of the class with a new perspective and having learned more than in any other class. The program includes a mix of musicality, hard core technique and choreographic challenges. Something for everybody!
    * WHO ELSE WILL BE THERE? Right now we have covered more than half of the available spots in the classes. On top of the wonderful dancers from Atlanta and the rest of Georgia, we have people registered from FL, NC, SC, AL, TN. That guarantees a group with lots of energy and a weekend full of fun.
    * LOTS OF DANCING THAT WEEKEND. In addition to a special edition of LUNA, there are two more milongas regularly scheduled for that weekend in Atlanta (something that happens often here). 15 more hours of dancing and sharing with friends. Even if you want to be here just for the dance, it is worth a trip.
    * AND FINALLY, PRICE. Where else can you take classes with such an outstanding teacher at this rate? $110 gives you 5 classes and one milonga. Registration details can be found at www.atlantatango.com/alexreg.html.
Last year, Alex’s workshops sold out 5 weeks in advance. We already have covered over half of the available spots, so it is time to act now or be sorry for a long time, since we are not sure when we will be able to bring him back.

In case you are not familiar with Alex’s dance (some people might have been living under a tango rock), here are a couple of videos worth watching. Take a look to the way he explores the musicality:

"Dilema", with Hannah Poston in San Diego: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtOHD5VvdF0
Double treat with Jenna Rohrbacher: “Trasnochando” and “Saca Chispas”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re8-Za5KPBU

Questions? Send us a message (www.atlantatango.com/contact.php) and we will do our best to help you

Looking forward to share this wonderful weekend with all of you.

Angel Montero
Hay sólo un tango
www.atlantatango.com