[Tango-A] NA-E-SA-E-NA-C: Guillermo Cerneaz & Marina Kenny (Buenos Aires) in Philadelphia - September 27-October 3

Meredith Klein meredithleeklein at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 15:16:25 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Please consider joining us in Philadelphia for a fantastic weekend
with Guillermo Cerneaz & Marina Kenny of Buenos Aires - September
28/29. The weekend includes 6 workshops (including 2 partners-only advanced
workshops), a milonga in a gorgeous space (the Ruba Club), the opportunity
for private lessons, and all-around enjoyment of the interesting and hip
city of Philadelphia.

Guillermo & Marina first taught in Philadelphia this past May during our
festival, and the response to their teaching was extraordinary. The
following quote is typical:

*Most of all, I wanted to express how much I respect Marina and Guillermo's
teaching: their ideas, language, and methods are perceptive, distilled, and
profound. The structure of their Partners-Only workshop yesterday followed
a steady, organic progression with an intensity of focus that blew me (and
other couples we talked to) away. [My partner] exclaimed to me at the end
of class when we, and the rest of the class, found ourselves dancing with a
palpable new fluidity and ease of connection, "This is how we should be
practicing all the time!" *
*
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28*
1-2:15 pm - Workshop 1 - Precision in the Connection (Intermediate)
2:30-3:45 pm - Workshop 2 - Giros, Technique & Dynamics (Intermediate)
4:30-6:30 pm - Workshop 3 - Deep On the Basics - (Partners-Only Advanced)
8:30-9:30 pm - All-Levels Pre-Milonga Class with Guillermo & Marina
9:30 pm-2 am - Milonga Qilombo featuring a performance by Guillermo Cerneaz
& Marina Kenny

*SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 *
2-3:15 pm - Workshop 4 - How to Please Your Follower: Planeos & Boleos –
Intermediate/Advanced
3:30-4:45 pm - Workshop 5 - Infuse Your Dance With Momentum & Fluidity:
Changes of Direction – Intermediate/Advanced
5:30-7:30 pm - Workshop 6 - From Foundation to Interpretation –
Partners-Only Advanced

You can find much more information, as well as online registration, at
http://philadelphiatangoschool.com/guillermo-marina.html

If you need help finding housing in Philadelphia for the weekend with
Guillermo & Marina, please email me at meredithklein at gmail.com (note
different email).  You can also email me to set up private lessons, or with
questions.

Thanks very much!
Meredith
617-291-3798