[Tango-A] NA-E: Richard Council Workshops & Privates this week in Princeton, & Cherry Hill, NJ & Wayne, PA

Tango Dancers tangodancers at comcast.net
Wed Dec 4 00:44:47 EST 2013

Richard Council returns to NJ & PA six day/five workshops & privates. He has taught and performed on stage and television throughout the United States and abroad. In 2003 he, with partner Colette Hebert, won the US IDO Argentine Tango Championships in Miami, Florida.
They were finalists in the Tango Salon division and semi-finalists in the Stage Performance division of the World Championships held in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2005. Do not miss this opportunity to study with him. Richard is a fantastic teacher and an accomplished dancer and we are excited for his return.

Thursday, Dec. 5: Viva Tango, Suzanne B. Paterson, 45 Stockton Street, Princeton, NJ 08540

8:30pm Axis, Rotation and Transition. In this class we will explore an option for changing direction and using this change to accent transitions into other movements for both roles. see http://www.vivatango.org for pricing

Saturday, Dec. 7: Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 1906 Marlton Pike East (Rte 70) Cherry Hill, NJ 08003

1:00pm Exploring Lanes of Movement and Transitioning Between Crossed and Parallel Systems.  Here we will discuss a way of using these two systems to flow down the line of dance.
2:30pm Weaving crossed system and rhythms. This class will cover the development of building more complex ideas from simpler ones while staying consistent with the rhythm. Register online http://www.argen-tango.com/store see Special Events for class descriptions http://www.argen-tango.com/argen-tango-program-2/

Sunday, Dec. 8: Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 1906 Marlton Pike East (Rte 70) Cherry Hill, NJ 08003

1:00pm Sacadas in small spaces. The use of sacada offers many opportunities to both transition into other movements and to be subjects unto themselves.  Here we will talk about how we can weave them together creatively while keeping the embrace. Register at http://www.argen-tango.com/store/ for class descriptions see Special Events http://www.argen-tango.com/argen-tango-program-2/

Sunday, Dec. 8: Collegeville Tango, 125 East Swedesford Rd. Wayne, PA 19087
4:00pm Inline Sacada and Unexpected Ganchos. In this class we will discuss sacada and gancho techniques to make then both effective & effortless. We will combine these ideas into a sequence that can be used to travel down the line of dance or to be used individually as elements into themselves. see http://www.joyoftango.com/events.html for pricing

He is Also available for Private Lessons: $100.00 an hour
Call to reserve space (856)577-6145