[Tango-A] NA-E: Andres Amarilla in Philadelphia for Classes, Seminars, Performances & More: August 2013

Meredith Klein meredithleeklein at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 17:56:15 EDT 2013

We are very happy to be able to welcome Andres Amarilla, co-founder of the
Philadelphia Argentine Tango School, back to Philadelphia for a one-month
residency during August 2013. In the past year alone, Andres has taught
worldwide in cities as diverse as Moscow, Vienna, Beirut, Nicosia (Cyprus),
and Buenos Aires. Andres is unparalleled in the tango world in his
technical no-how. He specializes in taking difficult steps and breaking
them down so that they become understandable and dance-able. We will be
using his residency as a chance to de-mystify difficult steps like
enrosques, colgadas and soltadas so that we can incorporate them
comfortably into our leading & following on the dance floor.  Andres's
residency will include four aspects:

GROUP CLASSES
Monday Nights, August 5-26
For the month of August, Andres will be teaching our regular Monday night
schedule, along with Meredith.
7-8 pm: Tango Technique ($10)
8-9:30 pm: Intermediate/Advanced Tango ($25 or use your class card)
Practica after class until midnight.  The practica features live jazz
cortinas played by pianist Wataru Niimori and friends.

SMALL-GROUP SEMINARS
Tuesday nights & Saturday afternoons, taught by Andres & Meredith
Max: 5 couples - register with a partner or ask us to help you find one
Tuesday, August 6, 8-10 pm - Enrosques 1
Saturday, August 10, 11:30 am-1:30 pm - Colgadas 1
Tuesday, August 13, 8-10 pm - Colgadas 2
Saturday, August 17, 4:30-6:30 pm - Enrosques 2
Tuesday, August 20, 8-10 pm - Soltadas
$30/seminar or $100/series per person
Complete details & registration at
http://philadelphiatangoschool.com/andres2013.html

WEEKEND SEMINAR: NEVER GET BORED IN TANGO AGAIN - A Seminar on
Tango Notation & Composition
Saturday & Sunday, August 24-25
Taught by Andres & Meredith
Complete details & registration at
http://philadelphiatangoschool.com/andres2013-code.html

Saturday, August 24 - Milonga Qilombo with DJ Adam Hoopengardner &
featuring a performance by Andres & Meredith

PRIVATE LESSONS
Please email Meredith (meredithklein at gmail.com) to schedule.

COMPLETE INFO @ REGISTRATION AT
PHILADELPHIATANGOSCHOOL.COM