[Tango-A] NA-E: Eduardo Tami Trio Scheduling 2012 Season

Yahoo! Mail Service tangoartist at gmail.com
Sun May 27 08:14:44 EDT 2012

Dear Tango Enthusiasts,

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOSTING THIS VERY TALENTED
TRIO AND DANCERS FOR CLASSES,WORKSHOPS,LECTURES,
MILONGAS,OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF,PLEASE RESPOND
TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
THANK YOU,
Kathryn Johns
tangoartist at gmail.com
843-901-0685
My name is Eduardo Tami, I´m an Argentine flutist specializing in tango music .
www.eduardotami.com.ar

Now I am organizing my schedule for our September / October 2012 tour
and let you know my offering, in case you are interested in hosting our visit.
I travel with my group: A musicians trio (flute, piano and
guitar) plus a couple of dancers, trying to bring a little bit of our
culture through the music, dance and with the contact with students.

This will be my 11th. tour and I have already visited around 60 universities in
the USA.
Generally our hosts are Music, Spanish or Dance Depts. (or all together),
sometimes with the cooperation of student's organizations.

For the final concert, this year´s novelty is that you can choose between
our traditional repertoire consisting  of Tango, Milonga, Waltz and Candombe, or
a new one which includes (in around half concert) another music from the
Argentine and other countries in Latin America folklore.

The activities proposed are the following:
Language Depts.
A lecture  for students enrolled in Spanish or other areas, e.g.: Latin
American Studies interested in the correlations between Tango history and
politics/economics events in Argentina from 1870 to present. This is usually
a recompilation of Contemporary Argentine History and Lifestyle through
Tango pieces played by the musicians(live), illustrated with powepoint
images.
Depending on the students level, I can do it in English, Spanish (or a mix)

Music Dept.
- A class for music students where we teach them how to play the basics of a
tango (the students are the ones who play the music and based on my
experience they enjoy it very much)
- A class for students enrolled in "World Music" for general culture
(similar to the Language Dept. but in English and with more musical
elements)
- Classes for flute, piano or/and guitar students with tango resources (it
is not about the technical aspect of the instrument but interpretation).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8bJkY9fXZU&feature=youtu.be
- I would like to invite some professors of the faculty to perform with us a
couple of pieces in our final concert. (I send the scores in advance)
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez-tF9HGHTs&feature=user In Mansfield
University (Pennsylvania) with flute professor Dr. Moulton
Dance Dept.
A class to learn the basics about dancing Tango.

For the Comunity
Social dance class
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=48100225
Our dancers in an exhibition after a comunity tango class in Oberlin Oh
(2008)

A final concert with music and dance. Where some professor could be invited
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8edqAn45GyY&feature=related With prof.
Kristin Taylor (2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ThIqoH_WQg With prof. Terence Mayhue (2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21f86jJlVtw  Myself dancing as a part of the
show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnJOr3WEzyk  2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHikWViAiRc
Following, you will find some of the Universities and venues visited in past
tours.  If you are interested in hiring us and would like some feedback from
other hosts please feel free to contact me and I would be glad to put you in
touch with some of them:

Trumpets Jazz Club - Montclair NJ
Wittenberg University - Springfield OH
Drew University - NJ
Hood University - Frederick Maryland
North Park Univ. Chicago IL
Auburn Univ. - Auburn AL
Albion Univ. - Albion MI
Cincinnati Music Hall - Cincinnati OH
UNC at Wilmington - Wilmington NC
Rockford Univ. - Rockford IL
Saint Xavier Univ. - Chicago IL
>From de Garden Live, Classic 99.1 - St. Louis MO
Scranton University - PA
Niagara Univ. - Buffalo - NY
Alma College - MI
Central Michigan University - MI
Univ. of Wisconsin at Superior - WI
Cornell College - Mount Vernon - IA
Mansfield University - Mansfield PA
DeSales Universiti - Center Valley PA
Alfred University - Alfred NY
Berea College - Berea KY
James Madison University - Harrisonburg VA
Hampden Sydney College - Farmville VA
Hudson College - AL
Purdue University - IN
Dordt College - IA
Chamber music asociation - Sioux City - IA
Jefferson College - MO
Mount Olive - NC
Nassau College - NY
Hofstra University - NY
Niagara University - NY
State University of New York in Oswego -  NY
Case Western Reserve Universiti - OH
Wofford University - SC
Knox University - IL
Saint Mary´s College - Indiana
Missouri State University - MO
East Stroudsburg University - PA
Swarthmore University - PA
Furman University - SC
Columbia College - SC
Norwich University - VT
Young Harris - GA
Georgia State - GA
McKendree University - IL
Waldorf College - IA
Iowa State - IA
Goucher - MA
Hope - MI
Jefferson college - MO
Marist College - NY
Bluefield State - WV
Links to videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWzLYA__rnU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHikWViAiRc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SnoTNKYOB4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s-cPofTXK4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ThIqoH_WQg&feature=related

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOSTING THIS VERY TALENTED
TRIO AND DANCERS FOR CLASSES,WORKSHOPS,LECTURES,
MILONGAS,OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF,PLEASE RESPOND
TO THIS EMAIL.
THANK YOU,
Kathryn Johns
tangoartist at gmail.com