[Tango-A] MISC: 6th USA Tango Championship 26 & 27 July, 2012 Early entry fee extended & 'Welcome Back' to MC Sid Grant

events events at celebratetango.com
Mon Jun 11 11:14:04 EDT 2012

> 6th USA TANGO CHAMPIONSHIP
> “A fun competition for serious dancers”
>
> July 26th & 27th, 2012 New York City
>
> Early bird Entry discounts extended!! ENTER NOW AND SAVE
>
> Entry Fee payable online or by mail.
> OVER $2500 IN CASH PRIZES!!

A warm 'Welcome Back' to our Charismatic MC Sid Grant (2011 USA Open
Salon Champion)

OFFICIAL MC: Sidney Grant is thrilled to be returning as Master of
Ceremonies for this year's Celebrate Tango festival. Sid is the host
of La Milonga Rosa,  Founder/Artistic Director of the not-for-profit
Ballroom Basix™, an arts-in-education initiative that brings the "fun,
fitness & fancy footwork" of partner dancing non-competitively to
schoolchildren. Sid also appears in the award-winning documentary film
 "Mad Hot Ballroom".

> OFFICIAL JUDGES: Nelson Avila, Leandro Oliver, Maria Blanco
>
> OFFICIAL ADJUDICATOR: Jorge Torres

OFFICIAL COORDINATOR: Evelyn Meier

> The Championship Categories:
>
> 1. AMATEUR SALON: Entry open only to non-professionals.  This is perfect for dancers who love tango, but don't want to be performers. We would urge all of you to enter this competition for the sheer joy of participating with your fellow Milongueros, in a low-stress, fun event!
>
> 1st Place Prizes: TROPHY, Medal & entry to Open Salon Free! 2nd & 3rd Place - Medals, 4th & 5th place-Ribbons. Early entry fee  $25 extended to June 16th ($45 before June 22nd)
>
> 2. OPEN SALON: Entry open to professionals and amateurs : This makes it perfect for dancers of different levels and experience and even teachers and students to dance together.
>
> 1st Place Prizes: $1200 by check, Trophy & a Medal, 2nd Place $ 250 by check & a medal and 3rd Place $ 150 by check & a Medal, 4th & 5th place-Ribbons.
> Early entry fee $75 extended to June 16th ($100 before June 22nd)
> Both Salon Categories: Judges will be evaluating the following 6 elements: 1) musicality 2) circulation around the floor 3) walking style  4) consistency of the close embrace 5) harmony & connection between the couple 6) dress & presentation
>
> 3. STAGE: Entry open to professionals and amateurs. If you love performance tango, secretly dream of being a professional or dancing on a Stage, this category could be for you.
>
> 1st Place Prizes: $ 1000 by check, Trophy & a Medal • 2nd Place $ 200 by check and a medal • 3rd Place     $100 and a Medal, 4th & 5th place-Ribbons. Early entry fee $75 extended to June 16th ($100 before June 22nd)
>
> Judges will be evaluating the following 4 elements: 1) Choreographic effects, posture, techniques, composition (creation or recreation), Use of the stage space, Body and space alignment.  2) Couple synchronicity & Musical accuracy (relaxation, music-dancer-style)  3) Interpretation, Preservation of tango essence 4) Costumes and make-up.
> Contestants can also enter BOTH categories Open Salon and Stage for $ 125 ($150 till June 22nd)
>
> Thursday July 26th
> Amateur Championship and Stage Qualifying rounds and Celebration Milonga (social dancing)
>
> Friday July 27th
> Open Salon & Stage Championships andChampionship  Milonga (social dancing)

Venue Midtown Manhattan

--

Good Luck and we are Looking Forward to Celebrating Tango with you
Festival Director: Gayatri Martin