[Tango-A] NA-W: Alicia Pons in San Jose & Mountain View

Sue Flanagan sue at tangofantastico.com
Mon Feb 6 14:45:15 EST 2012

Tango Domingo with Tango Fantastico

Day: Sunday, February 12, 2012
Topic: Body Language and Musicality
   ...I listen to the rhythm, I listen to the melody...

Workshop: 3:00-4:30pm
Practica: 4:30-6:00pm

Alicia Pons is an elegant and accomplished dancer with a refined technique
and distinctive personality. Her ability to imbue the role of the woman with
verve and style has made her one of the most sought after female partners in
the milongas of Buenos Aires. And, she wows her tango partners here in the
US when she visits. She is most noted for her footwork and sensual
seduction, which are done with humor and decorum. She exemplifies presence
in the dance, and this is a focus in her teaching for both men and women.
As a teacher, Alicia emphasizes the connection with one's partner, and in
particular the woman's ability to not just follow, but to be an equal
protagonist in the dance. She is a very warm and caring person who loves to
share her knowledge.

Location: Dance Boulevard, 1824 Hillsdale Avenue (@Camden), San Jose, CA
95124
Parking: Plenty of free parking
Fee:  $25 per person, cash (includes practica)
Practica only: $5 per person

As always we recommend you suggest this workshop to a  possible partner to
help with gender balance.
Pot Luck Practica:  As with every Tango Domingo we welcome and encourage
attendees to bring a small contribution to our snack table.
-------------------------
Two more workshops at Alberto's Mountain View:
Please register by Friday, February 17:  espiritulibretango at yahoo.com

Sunday February 19, 2012

3:00-4:30pm Movement & Energy Flow
Movement as a journey.  How we produce and transmit movement.
The flow of energy between dancing partners, and between dancing partners
and the dance floor.

5:00-6:30pm The Ocho Cortado - exploring the creative concepts

Alberto's Milonga 7:00pm till late
736 W. Dana Street, Mountain View, CA 94041

Sue Flanagan
Tango Fantástico
sue at tangofantastico.com (650) 766-4400