[Tango-A] NA-E: Homer and Cristina Ladas teaching and performing at Nocturne in NYC Saturday Oct 15! DJ Robin.

robin thomas robinthomastango at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 17:40:22 EDT 2011

Finally after 4 years of trying to get them to come, Nocturne is happy
to announce that Homer and Cristina Ladas will teach and perform at
the milonga Oct 15!

Int Class with Homer and Christina 9pm
Milonga 10pm-at least 3:30am
Performance 12am
Chacareras 2am
No BYOB

DJ Robin

Entrada $12
students with ID $7

@ Dancesport
22 West 34th Street (bet 5th & 6th Aves), east entrance
New York, NY

Check out videos of Homer and Christina at
http://www.freshlaundrytango.info/Media/Youtube/Youtube.html

Workshops!

Weekend Theme: "The Body-Spiral and Body-Axis with Homer & Cristina"

Saturday Theme: "Exploring the Body-Spiral"
at RG studio 520 8th Ave -> -> near PENN STA <- <-

SAT 2.30pm: The Overturned Gancho/Sacada Experience Made Easy
(Intermediate "Foundation" Class)
We will develop one overturned 'line-of-dance socially compatible'
gancho from the basic cross and understand how to best enable the
movement for both the leader and the follower. From there we will use
this knowledge to create an overturned sacada option. The technique
and choice (based on musical expression) to lead/follow one or the
other will be deeply investigated...

SAT 4.30pm: The Overturned Gancho/Sacada Odyssey (Advanced "Exploration" Class)
>From our foundation work in Class 1 we will continue with overturned
gancho/sacada varations...the possibilities are numerous! Technique,
musicality, and focus on floor craft will continue to be emphasized.

Sunday Theme: "Use of The Body-Axis"
at RG studio 939 8th Ave -> -> near COLUMBUS CIRCLE <- <-

SUN 2.30pm: Building One Social Dance Step-Over Colgada (Intermediate
"Foundation" Class)
This foundation class will develop the necessary skills to really
lead/follow colgadas (and not just fake it!). We will use a socially
proven example (our favorite step-over colgada) to introduce all the
concepts necessary for advanced work (posture, line-of-power,
communication, resolution, floorcraft, musical expression, etc).

SUN 4.30pm: Exploring Stylistic and Functional Use of Colgadas
(Advanced "Exploration" Class)
With a solid knowledge base established (from Class 3 material) we
will further explore the wide range of functional vs stylistic
(artistic/musical/creative) expressions of colgadas in-use in our
contemporary social dance tango world.

Registration:
1 workshop $40
2 workshops $75
3 workshops $110
4 workshops $135
cash at the door; multi-workshop discounts valid when purchased as package
Online registration coming up soon

-> -> Note: Sat and Sun workshops at DIFFERENT LOCATIONS !

MILONGA APPEARANCES

Sat Oct 15 at Nocturne, DanceSport:
Class before milonga, performance

Fri Oct 14 at Tango Lounge, DanceSport