[Tango-A] NA-E: Last Fifteenth Annual Tango Fantasy Festival on Miami Beach- Starts May 24 thru Memorial Weekend - Join in...

tangofantasy tangofantasy at aol.com
Wed May 4 01:41:13 EDT 2011

Dear Milongueros y Tangueras:

The Fifteenth Annual Tango Fantasy Festival on Miami Beach is about to begin on May 24th through May 30th during the Memorial Day Weekend.  This will be our final Annual Tango Festival by the United States Tango Congress, and we are looking forward to this event being the ultimate celebration of Argentine Tango as a climax to our fifteen years of workshops, milongas, exhibitions and shows.  Our final edition of one of the most respected and well known Tango festivals.

If you have never attended any of our Tango Fantasy Festivals, this will be your only opportunity to be instructed by and be up close with the greatest assembly of the world's most renown and accomplished tango teachers and performers from Argentina.  If you have attended in the past and have still hesitated to sign up, this will be your last opportunity to be with "la creme de la creme" of Argentinean Tango.  You will enjoy the very best instruction from the most qualified teachers in a setting that is fit for a Tango King and Queen.

This event is a true Argentinean Festival, a vacation and Tango you always wanted to experience and now you are still on time to join with our best price (Early Bird still available), group discounts for 6 or more, just call in to inquire.   The hotel, unfortunately has closed the discounted price and as every year happens, it is sold out for the weekend.  Call me ASAP if you call the hotel and cannot get in on the weekend, I may be able to help you get a room at the discounted rate.

Once more, we have a great line up of teachers, bringing back, Gloria and Eduardo Arquimbau, celebrating their 50 years of dancing tango all over the world.  They are being honored at a special dinner on Saturday, May 21, this is being done by the "Sociedad Argentina en Miami", along with sponsorship from the Argentine Consulate of Miami.  They will perform -- also Romina Levin and Claudio Villagra will dance that evening along with other artists and singer Daniel Bouchet.  If anyone is arriving early and would like to attend that dinner event, please contact me for details.  It is not included in our Festival schedule, and the cost is separate.

Others in this extraordinary faculty staff are:  Romina Levin and Claudio Villagra; Miriam Larici and Leo Barrionuevo: Silvia Grynt and Guillermo Salvat; Oliver Kolker and Silvina Valz, and representing the Miami Dade and Broward Counties' Argentine teachers are Mariela Barufaldi and Jeremias Massera and Victoria Sarquisse and Federico Jorquera.  These teachers will participate in the culmination of the Festival with the "Masters of Tango Show", May 29. This year produced by Lydia Henson and Hernan Vergara and being presented at the Aventura Cultural Center Theater.  It promises to be the most spectacular show ever, certainly not to be missed!!   We hope you will enjoy their performances as much as we have enjoyed producing it.

Following the spectacular show will be the "Closing Gala Milonga" which will take place at the Deauville Beach Resort with wine/champagne and hors d'oeuvres in the Richelieu Ballroom.

When the United States Tango Congress initiated the First Annual Tango Fantasy Festival in 1996, I originally had planned to commit ten years to this project of bringing the world's best tango to Miami Beach during Memorial Day Weekend.  It is now fifteen years and I have well exceeded my initial commitment to this world famous tango event.  For me it has been a great challenge, extremely inspiring and very rewarding.

This will definitely be our final Tango Fantasy Festival, so I urge you to sign up today so that you may participate in the culmination of this greatest celebration of Argentine Tango in America.

Our new web site is up and you can get all the information and sign up at www.tangofantasy.com.

Looking forward to celebrating with you at our last Tango Fantasy Festival.

Tango Forever,

Lydia