[Tango-A] MISC: Andres & Meredith's Tango Tour to Buenos Aires: April 18-27, 2011

Meredith Klein meredithleeklein at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:23:08 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Andres's and my Tango Tour to Buenos Aires is just 1 month away, but
we still have a couple of spots free and hope you may consider joining
us.  Here are some reasons why we think you should:

-- We've confirmed two extraordinary couples to teach for the tour:
Nito & Elba Garcia and Carlos & Rosa Perez.  Both couples have been
dancing tango for more than four decades and both are rarely, if ever,
traveling to the US to teach at this point.  So in order to benefit
from their amazing wealth of knowledge, you have to travel to Buenos
Aires!

-- We're staying in La Mariposita, a gorgeous boutique tango hotel.
Our tango lessons will take place right in the hotel in one of the
most beautiful dance studios I've ever seen.  The owner of La
Mariposita, Carolina Bonaventura, is world-renowned for her tango
technique classes, and we'll be studying with her during the tour.

-- Andres & I are personally extremely excited about the diversity
that has emerged in the Buenos Aires tango community, especially in
the last 5 years.  And we're committed to showing you the widest
possible range of milongas & practicas:  from Club Sunderland with its
6+ decades of continuous milongas to Maldita Milonga where a new
generation of orquesta tipica (traditional tango orchestra) plays
first-class live music twice weekly.

-- The assistants who will be dancing with tour participants during
classes and at milongas are truly amazing dancers.  We're ridiculously
lucky to get to work with them and you definitely want to dance with
them.  So do I!

Lots more information about the tour is available on our website
(http://philadelphiatangoschool.com/tour-details.html).  Please feel
free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Thanks very much!
Meredith
617-291-3798
meredithklein at gmail.com