[Tango-A] NA-C: Alberto Dassieu Weekend Update: Urbana IL Oct 8-10

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 12:31:24 EST 2011

Update: Alberto Dassieu Tango Weekend
March 11-13, 2011
at Phillips Recreation Center
505 W Stoughton, Urbana IL

- Alberto's workshops will be aimed at intermediate & advanced level
tango dancers.

- Sunday is set aside for private lessons. There are still 2 slots
available. We may also be able to accommodate 1 or 2 private lessons
on Friday afternoon.

- If you would like a small group class (2 or 3 couples) on a specific
topic, they can be scheduled on Sunday. Please contact us if
interested.

---------------------------

Alberto Dassieu is a milonguero who has danced tango in the milongas
of Buenos Aires for 60 years. His style of tango as been classified as
'Tango Estilo Villa Urquiza', reflecting his involvement in the active
tango scene in the barrio of Villa Urquiza over the last 6 decades,
although Alberto calls his style of dancing 'Tango de Salon'. Alberto
is well respected not only for his knowledge of the tango danced in
the milongas of Buenos Aires, but also for his ability to effectively
communicate his knowledge in his teaching. This was recognized in his
2010 appearance at the Chicago Mini-Tango Festival, as well as at
workshops in various cities in the US and Canada during his recent
teaching tours.

Alberto will return to Urbana IL for the third time this weekend March
11-13. His workshops will focus at the intermediate and advance
levels. A complete description of the program for the weekend is
available on our web page:

http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/AlbertoDassdieuWeekendMar11.htm

The short version is:

Fri Mar 11
7:30 PM Tango Fundamentals (for advanced dancers: present & future)
9 PM - 12 AM;  MILONGA (DJ Paul Yang)
$20 / $10 students
Milonga only: $10

Sat Mar 12
1 PM: Structure of Turns
3 PM: Vals Turns & Musicality
8 PM: Dancing to Pugliese
9:30 PM - 1 AM:  MILONGA (D Ron Weigel)

Saturday: Workshops $25 each / $15 students
Milonga only: $15

Weekend Pass: $70 / $35 students

Sunday: Private lessons / Small group classes

Our tango community is unique in that we focus entirely on tango
milonguero / tango de salon in our instruction and in the dancing at
our milongas. It is a pleasure to dance at our milongas where a
program of all classic tango music is played by DJs with extensive
experience in the milongas of Buenos Aires. There is a well formed
ronda and very good navigation, not to mention the presence of many
dancers with excellent skills in tango milonguero / tango de salon.

Your visit to Urbana will not only be rewarded by the excellent
teaching of Alberto Dassieu, but also by an enjoyable experience at
our milongas.

We look forward to seeing you in Urbana this weekend. If you will
attend, please let us know so that we can plan accordingly.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL
http://www.centraltango.com