[Tango-A] MISC: Please support TangoZen project

Chan Park tangozenhouse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 20:38:12 EDT 2011

Hello Friends,
I am coming to ask for your support for the project. The TangoZen
project is about to take a different shape to deliver its message.
The idea of TangoZen,  dancing tango with mindfulness, was conceived
around 2003.  And then the book, "Tango Zen: Walking Dance Meditation"
was published in English in 2005 and in bilingual (Spanish/English) in
2008.

For years I have offered classes and workshops of TangoZen in 22
countries (68 cities).   Since I move to Buenos Aires 3 years ago, I
have discovered something about tango that you can only experience in
Buenos Aires.  For example, the dancers in BA are more focused on
feelings, connection, walking, and music than on steps or techniques.

I am working on a documentary film, titled "Tango Your Life," whose
idea is based on the concept of TangoZen and implemented with stories
being unfolded in milongas on a daily basis in Buenos Aires.

In the documentary you will hear tango stories and experiences shared
by the dancers in Buenos Aires, who have danced for life or have made
tango a important part of their lives. I find zen among their stories,
and I hope you will too.

The film project started around January 2010, and now it is in the
post-production phase. I have captured hours and hours of interviews
and shootings of milonga scenes as well as exhibition dances.  I plan
to finish the film for release by this fall.

As writer, director, producer, and editor of the film, I’d like to ask
for your support through the following methods:
1.	Spreading the message
Please forward this email to your friends who might be interested in
the TangoZen project and/or in the documentary film.

2. 	Linking to social networks
Please link the trailer of the film to your social networks (e.g.
Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifk1VienEII

3.	Financial donation
I have managed this project from my private fund.  As the private fund
almost runs out, your financial support is more important than ever.

Please visit the site below and show your support with a financial
donation and take advantage of rewards including books, online viewing
of the film, download of the film, and even an opportunity to be an
executive producer or an associate producer of the movie.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/244276548/tango-your-life

For more information about the documentary, please visit the official
web of the film at http://www.TangoYourLife.com. Also I will welcome
your comments and suggestions as to how to promote the film.

Thank you and I look forward to presenting the final film to you soon.

Chan Park
Tango Zen House
tangozen at hotmail.com
http://www.TangoZen.com