[Tango-A] SA: Milongueando en Buenos Aires: August 8-14, 2011

Karen Simon ksimon at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 2 12:14:49 EDT 2011

Dear Milongueros,

There are only two months left to go until Milongueando 2011, the most important event of tango milonguero in Buenos Aires.  And this year, we're celebrating our 5th anniversary! Our 2011 teachers include Susana Miller, Maria Plazaola, Alicia Pons, Ana Maria Shapira, El Nene Masci, Osvaldo y Coca, Julio Dupláa, just to name a few.

Preparations are heating up. We've reserved the mansion Dandi once again for our classes. For those of you who have already participated in the festival, you will agree that this historic hotel, built in 1903, is one of the most beautiful examples of art nouveau to be found in Buenos Aires. On our website, www.milongueandoenba.com, you will find information about reserving your room in this hotel, as well as other suggestions for lodging.

Our website also includes the complete festival program, a registration page, and a host of photos and videos from last year and previous years.

If you've forgotten, participants of this Encuentro can take up to 12 classes of all levels that include tango, waltz, folklore, a 4-class milonga workshop with live percussion and a special tribute to the greatly loved and admired Tete, who passed away last year. As well, there are 5 guided practices, an intimate dinner with participants and maestros and two milongas with live orchestras and DJs Lucia Plazaola and Lampis Zalavras.

Planning on coming as a group? There's a discount offer for groups of 4 or more, if you sign up with the "ambassador" of your city. Once again, check our website, www.milongueandoenba.com, for a list of ambassadors. If you have any questions about registration, please email us at milongueandoenba at gmail.com.

Please don't forget: Places are limited so don't wait until the last minute!! As one of our 2009 participants said, "Being in the presence of these true masters of tango is an incredible experience - the living history of tango...and dancing with them: heaven on earth!"

Hasta agosto!
Un abrazo milonguero,
The Milongueando team
milongueandoenba at gmail.com