[Tango-A] NA-W: La Garufa Int'l Tango Festival - Vancouver, BC Sep 8-11, 2011

Cathy Knowlton lagarufatango at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 17 23:54:29 EDT 2011

You are all invited to attend

LA GARUFA INTERNATIONAL TANGO FESTIVAL
Presented by Angel Coria, Monica Monty & Libertango
Vancouver, BC - Sept 8-11, 2011
www.lagarufa.com

Enjoy 4 fun-filled days of dancing in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
Learn from world renowned tango artists and dance to live music by
SEXTETO MILONGUERO, performing as special guests of La Garufa Tango Festival!

GUEST MAESTROS:
- Ruben & Sabrina Veliz
- Gustavo Rosas & Gisela Natoli
- Claudio Villagra & Romina Levin
- Angel Coria

LIVE MUSIC:
- Sexteto Milonguero

DJs
- Lorena Bouzas (DJ at Boedo Tango, BsAs)
- Meng Wang
- More to be announced soon

HIGHLIGHTS
- 4 full days of classes - a choice of 37 tango, vals & milonga workshops

   with warm and knowledgeable instructors
- 5 milongas featuring special extras and music you'll love to dance to
- Gala milonga with performances by our guest artists
- 2 milongas with live music by world-renowned Sexteto Milonguero, on their
   only North American visit this year!
- 2 in-depth DJ workshops with Lorena Bouzas, DJ at Boedo Tango
- Selected classes are repeated so you won't miss any due to conflicting workshops
- Taxi dancers at workshops and milongas
- All under one roof at the Croatian Cultural Centre

EARLY BIRD PACKAGE & HOTEL DISCOUNTS END AUG 8
- If you are a tango addict and want to take in the whole festival, the early bird package pricing ends Aug 8.
- We have negotiated special rates for our tango friends attending the festival -- many discounts expire Aug 8.
On www.lagarufa.com, click on 'Travel Info > Accommodation' for information

LINKS FOR MORE INFO & TO REGISTER:
Home page - www.lagarufa.com
Direct link to schedule (PDF) -  http://bit.ly/LaGarufaSchedule
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=255731211107594

We really hope you can join us!

With a warm tango embrace,
Angel Coria & Monica Monty, Producers
Email: monica_hortensia at hotmail.com | Tel: 604.224.7666 / 604.809.3410

(Posted by Cathy Knowlton, festival volunteer, on behalf of the e