[Tango-A] NA-C: Early Bird Registration is now open for Chicago Tango Week

Shafqat Manzur shafqat.manzur at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:57:26 EST 2011

Dear friends,

Early bird registration is now open for CTW 2011, to be held at the
Westin O’Hare from 30 June – 4 July.

We have five passes available to suit your schedule and student
discounts for all of them. This year, we are offering student discount
to all full time students up to the graduate level and post-docs and
medical residents. Please see the registration site for details.

Here is the registration website: http://www.regonline.com/ctw11

And here is the Westin reservation site:
http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/CTG02A

The discounted room rate of $99/night expires on 31 March.

Maestros:
Corina De La Rosa and Julio Balmaceda
Silvia Fuentes and Horacio Godoy
Claudia Codega and Esteban Moreno
Dana Frigoli and Adrian Ferreyra
Alejandra Hobert and Adrian Veredice

DJs:
Horacio Godoy
Esteban Moreno
Robin Thomas
Varo Boyajyan

Here is an opportunity for dancers from the east, west and the middle
to come together. Over the years, we have noticed how there is not
much of an overlap of dancers from different geographic locations at
various events, especially the two coasts. Chicago’s central location
provides us with a unique opportunity to meet dancers we would
otherwise not meet. Take advantage of the holiday in Canada on 1 July
for Canada Day and in the US on 4 July for Independence Day and join
us.

We had a great turnout in the 2010 edition and would like to thank all
of you for the enormous success. A warm greeting is also in store for
those of you who plan on joining us for the first time. Chicago Tango
Week is envisioned as an event that is energetic, exciting, fun-filled
and packed with invaluable workshops. It is an also an international
event with participants from North America and Europe. Our goal is for
you to make new friends and have the best time of your life.

Here is our festival site: http://www.ChicagoTangoWeek.org

Please visit our Facebook group and join the party:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21188481464

You can email us at info at ChicagoTangoWeek dot org
OR, contact us using Facebook

The 2011 event will again be held at the Westin O’Hare. It is located
next to Chicago O’Hare airport and has the following advantages:

- Free 5-minute all day shuttle service to and from the airport
- A large upscale hotel with 525 guestrooms and large ballrooms. All
workshops and milongas will be held at the hotel so there is no need
to rent a car.
- Discounted room rate of $99/night till 31 March
- A five minute walk to the CTA Blue-line train station that goes
directly to downtown Chicago
- All indoor milongas will be held on Birch Veneer Hardwood floor.
Supplied by Dance America, it is assembled without screws, using a
cabling system that does away with grooves and edges, resulting in a
super smooth dance floor. The floor is shipped from Nashville, TN just
for our event.

Here are the workshop and milonga highlights:

- Registrants with full passes can take up to 11 workshops over 3 days
- There will be five late-night and all-night milongas from Thursday
through Monday (which is a holiday in the US)
special all day seminars on Monday, 4 July for couples only. These
seminars will be for advanced dancers. Corina and Julio will teach one
seminar and Silvia and Horacio will teach the other one. Registration
for the seminars will be separate from the festival and they are not
included in the full pass. Details available on the website, click on
the registration link.

Please check our Facebook group and event pages for updates. We hope
to see you in July.

cheers,
Shafqat Manzur and Maria Alferov

Copyright  2009-2011 Chicago Tango Week. All rights reserved. Chicago
Tango Week is a trademark of Chicago Tango Week Inc.