[Tango-A] NA-W: Luciana Valle Teaches In San Francisco

Gary Weinberg gntango at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 30 18:09:12 EDT 2011

Luciana Valle's Workshops

Friday, Sept 16
Monte Cristo Club, 136 Missouri, SF
"Single Axis Turns in a Social Setting"
A workshop-length class, 7:30–9:00
$20 with milonga to follow

Weekend Workshops (Pre-registration strongly suggested)

Saturday Sept 17 – Monte Cristo, SF
1. Power, Presence, Dynamics – Int
1:00 – 2:30
Exploring free leg vs. standing leg technique for leaders & followers
2. Pivots & Spirals: From Ochos to Planeos – Int/Adv
2:45 - 4:15
The essentials of circular moves
3.  Deconstructing the Turn – Int/Adv
4:30 – 6:00
Changing the structure, changing the rhythm

Sunday Sept 18 – Monte Cristo, SF

4. Dynamic Interaction: Super-connected Embrace to Change Dynamics - Int
1:00 – 2:30
Using steps where change of dynamics challenges the connection
5.  Musicality I. What the Music Offers– Int/Adv
2:45 - 4:15
Using the rhythm and phrasing of the music in your steps. (We will dance & move in this class, not just listen.)
6. Musicality II. What You Offer to the Music – Adv

4:30 – 6:00*
Interpreting and playing with the music. What to do when you hear something special in the music. (We will dance & move in this class, not just listen.)
*prerequisite: Workshop 5.

Saturday Sept 24 – Monte Cristo, SF

7. Changes of Direction: Deep Technique – Int/Adv

1:00 – 2:30
Understanding changes of direction in order to go for more!

8. Rebotes I – Int/Adv

2:45 4:15
Changes of direction with sacadas = rebotes!

9. Rebotes II – Int/Adv (more advanced than #8)

4:30 – 6:00*
More of these fabulous stretchy moves
*prerequisite: Workshop 8

Sunday Sept 25 – Monte Cristo, SF

10. Ganchos I – Int/Adv

1:00 – 2:30
Dynamic circular ganchos and warm leg wraps

11. Ganchos II – Int/Adv

2:45 4:15*
Getting hooked on ganchos again. Exciting modern developments in these classics
*prerequisite: Workshop 10
prequisite
12. New Trends in Buenos Aires – Advanced

4:30 – 6:00
What people are now dancing in Bs As – a spicy mixture of classic and modern moves

Saturday & Sunday Pricing Specials for Pre-paid Registration before Sept 17, 2011

12 Classes  $290		6 Classes    $156
11 Classes   270		5 Classes     133
10 Classes   250		4 Classes     108
 9 Classes   225		3 Classes     82
 8 Classes   204		2 Classes     56
 7 Classes   182		1 Class       30

ALL WEEKEND CLASSES: $30 per class at the door.
	           CASH ONLY AT THE DOOR!

Sign up with a partner for a discount!
You and your partner may add up your classes for higher discounts. For example, if you both sign up for the same 6 classes, you may split the 12 class rate of $290. Signing up together does not mean you must dance together for the whole time.  It is just to help us create evenly balanced workshops. You will be offered a chance to change partners.
Prepaid Couples Registration has higher priority than Prepaid Single Registration if the class is sold out and/or gender is unbalanced. Luciana’s workshops usually sell out. To ensure a place for yourself, sign up with a partner.

Pre-Registration & Privates Contact:
Deirdre Conley and Gary Weinberg
sanfrantango at gmail.com