[Tango-A] NA-C: Alberto Dassieu Weekend Urbana IL Oct 8-10

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 00:37:56 EDT 2010

Registration is open for the Tango Weekend with Alberto Dassieu from
Buenos Aires to be hosted by the Tango Society of Central Illinois
October 8-10 at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton,
Urbana. Alberto Dassieu is a milonguero with 60 years of experience
dancing in the milongas of Buenos Aires, and has been teaching tango
for 20 years. His workshops in Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, Calgary,
and Edmonton during this tour have been well received (with highest
praise for teaching and creating a vibrant atmosphere). Our Tango
Weekend with Alberto in April of this year was an equally rewarding
experience.

This is an event for aficionados of Tango Milonguero / Tango de Salon
– the social style of tango danced in the milongas of Buenos Aires.
Our tango community is comprised of dancers of this style, so we offer
a welcome environment for tango social dancing.

All workshops, the Friday night Practica, and the Saturday night
Milonga will focus on tango social dancing. There will be 4 workshops
– 1 on Friday evening, and 3 on Saturday. All workshops are for all
levels of dancers.

Friday October 8
8 – 10 PM: Introduction to Tango (Estilo Villa Urquiza)
10 PM – 12 AM: PRACTICA

Saturday October 9
1 – 2:30 PM: Interpreting Tango Music From D’Arienzo to Di Sarli:
Rhythm & Melody, Cadence & Pauses
3 – 4:30 PM: Fundamentals of Vals: Rhythm & Movement
8 – 9:30 PM: Milonga Codes: Invitation & Navigation
9:30 PM – 1 AM: MILONGA

NOTE: Due to limited space, the PRACTICA and the MILONGA will be open
only to workshop attendees.

Workshops: $25 each / $15 students
Fri – Sat Pass: $80 / $40 students
        > 100 mi: $70 / $35 students

Sunday afternoon is reserved for private lessons (1 person or couple)
and small group classes (2 or 3 couples). If you are interested in the
Sunday program, please contact us for further information.

For more details of the Tango Weekend, go to our webpage:

http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/AlbertoDassdieuWeekendOct10.htm

There is also more information on Alberto’s background and 2 videos of
his dancing.

>From this page you can also download a document with the weekend
program description and a registration form.

We look forward to seeing you in Urbana October 8-10.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL
http://www.centraltango.com