[Tango-A] NA-E; NA-C; Toronto-Alberto Dassieu-10% early bird ends Sept. 19

Patricia Katz pkatz at trebnet.com
Tue Sep 14 20:25:51 EDT 2010

***Sept. 24: Toronto welcomes Alberto Dassieu and his partner, Paulina
Spinoso, on their very first visit to Toronto.***
Alberto & Paulina will be the teachers on Fri. Sept.24 for the class before
the milonga.
Also they will lead a workshop at The Dovercourt House on Sept. 25 &
Sept. 26.
All events take place at the Dovercourt House, 805 Dovercourt Rd., Toronto.
For more details go to: http://www.torontoargentinetango.blogspot.com

Alberto & Shasha dance to Pugliese:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U91Kp-RAgxA&feature=related

Toronto is now scheduling private classes.
There is an early bird discount of 10% which applies only to the workshop of
4 classes, Sat. Sept. 25 & Sun. Sept. 26.
This discount ends Sept. 19 http://www.torontoargentinetango.blogspot.com
Paradiso-tango at rogers.com

Alberto is dedicated to teaching, performing and sharing his passion for
Tango Salon and Vals to dancers at home and from around the world.
In the words of Alberto," My Tango is Salon style. My style of dancing is
elegant, subtle, with rhythm and poetry."

Alberto completed an outstanding successful workshop in Cleveland
organized by Timmy Tango.

Alberto’s workshop in Chicago on the Labour Day Week-end was also
well-attended.

Alberto is now finishing a very successful workshop in Edmonton Canada and
will visit Calgary Canada from Sept. 16 to Sept. 23. Then, to Toronto from
Sept. 24 to Sept. 30.

Participating in Alberto’s workshops presents the argentine tango dancer
with a delicious opportunity to learn from a master dancer/teacher; you will
be enriched and gain a deep appreciation of this wonderful dance, “the
argentine tango”.

Alberto is “the real deal”! Dancing since 14, Alberto’s knowledge of the
history and the dance is superb. It is a joy to take part in his workshops
because he enthusiastically shares his experience and skills. Alberto’s
dance is rich in nuances and subtlety with an elegant and sensitive personal
style packed with emotion.

Comments from some organizers and tangueras/tangueros about
Alberto's current workshops:

Cleveland: Timmy Tango (Cleveland organizer); "in 15 years of promoting
tango in Cleveland, this weekend has to be the best workshop I've ever
promoted. Alberto Dassieu had the entire workshops attention. He is
entertaining and a joy to be around. Besides that, I'm learning great tango
technique and cadence. The milonga last night has a great attendance and
life of its own. Thank you Alberto for sharing your knowledge of tango with
us".

A Cleveland Tanguera:" Truly an amazing experience to have the opportunity
to meet such a kind soulful gentleman and to get to dance with him. I don't
think I ever truly felt the essence of tango....Though I've felt hints of it
until dancing with him."

A Columbus, Ohio tanguera: “It is wonderful! I'm having a blast here. He
taught a lot of etiquette, musicality, and how to put life into your dancing
etc. I started to feel the slowness and quietness in the music and thus in
the dancing too. His dancing is so soft and into the floor. I got to dance
with him in the workshop a lot as he asked me to help with demonstrations.
And how did I feel dancing with him? That is summarized in my most recent
status. :) - When Alberto dances with me, every part of my body, even my
knees, are dancing too. “

Comment by David Pheasant: “

..I think that it is important to
recognize and pay tribute to true milongueros of Buenos Aires. They have
honed their skills, on the pistas of that great city, and demonstrate a
wealth of technique and skills that illustrate how varied and
individualistic the milongueros were and still are: the effortless dancing
that is adaptable to crowded pistas and fills a tanguera with a sense of
insatiable satisfaction.”

Cleveland: Comment by Sergio: “

I just went to dance to Cleveland, to
a workshop organized by Timmy Tango, given by Alberto Dassieu.
 We were reminded of how to dance, it did not matter our degree of expertise
or skill.  We all danced following the milonga codes, followed the
socio-ethical protocols and had the most marvelous experience of our lives.”

Remarks re: Alberto's Labour Day week-end Chicago workshop:
"

. out of town guests at the workshops from Boston; Cleveland; Columbus,
Ohio; Champaign-Urbana; New York; Kentucky and Toronto Canadaand other
locations.

Edmonton, Canada’s organizers’ Remarks:” Casatangoedmonton
Thank you all from Alberto and casatangoedmonton for a very succesful
workshop and milonga! We hope Alberto enjoyed his stay and will indulge us
with his company and teachings in the near future.
Abrazos, Vera and Daniel1

For information about the Toronto workshop & to read an interview with
Alberto please click on;
http://www.torontoargentinetango.blogspot.com
or leave a message on the hotline: 416-208-3848