[Tango-A] NA-C: Tango workshop with Maxi Gluzman - June 18-20, 2010 - Memphis, TN

Octavia Perryman Ashby okperryman at bellsouth.net
Sat May 29 16:30:21 EDT 2010

Argentine Tango Workshop
Maximiliano Gluzman

Friday, June 18, 2010
Class at MidSouth World Dance Ctr, 3100 Walnut Grove (Walnut Grove Office
Gardens) Ste 204, Mphs
8:00 - 9:30pm     Tango as an Improvised Dance: Introduction to the endless
creative game of freely constructing and deconstructing movements that takes
place everytime we dance tango. (Beginners)     $20

Saturday, June 19, 2010
Workshop at Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 6645 Poplar Ave. (Carrefour Mall) Ste
206, Memphis, TN
1:00 - 2:30pm     Improvisation in Waltz: Focus on achieving fluid movement,
improved communication & discovery of new movements & steps. (All levels)
$25
3:00 - 4:30pm     Unusual rhythmic patterns: Different ways of connecting to
the music, adding more musical possibilities to our repertoire but also
increasing the connection within the partner. (All levels)  $25
9:00pm - 12:00am      Milonga at TBA

Sunday, June 20, 2010
Workshop at Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 6645 Poplar Ave. (Carrefour Mall) Ste
206, Memphis, TN
1:00 - 2:30pm     Ochos & crosses in Milonga: These movements are tango
standards but at faster milonga tempos, they become elusive. This lesson
approaches them so they can be added seamlessly to our milonga. (All levels)
$25
3:00 - 4:30pm     Sacadas in giros & changes of direction: We will review
the principles that apply to every sacada & apply them to a number of giros,
contragiros & other changes of direction. (All levels)     $25

Privates available. Contact M. Sacks to arrange 901-761-2318 /email MATS:
memphistango at hotmail.com
Early bird special $85 for 4 Sat. & Sun. classes postmarked by June 12th.
Student rate: $15 per class (Must show valid ID)
Workshop presented by Memphis Argentine Tango Society
www.memphistango.org
*Participants should wear leather soled shoes or non-gripping shoes.