[Tango-A] NA-E: Update on the 1st Philadelphia International Tango Festival (May 28-30, 2010)

Meredith Klein meredithleeklein at gmail.com
Tue May 4 00:17:56 EDT 2010

UPDATE: 1st Philadelphia International Tango Festival (May 28-30, 2010)

Hi everyone,

In addition to the already-announced highlights of the 1st
Philadelphia International Tango Festival
(http://philadelphiatangofestival.com), including two-time Latin
Grammy nominee Tanghetto live in concert, The Tango Cheeseballs,
Carlos & Tova Moreno, Adam Hoopengardner & Ciko Tanik, and Jake Spatz,
we're happy to announce the following updates & additions:

Update #1:  The amazing Nick Jones & Diana Cruz of Denver will attend
the festival and perform on Saturday night.

Update #2:  Evan Griffiths (piano) & Nick Jones (bandoneon) will
perform at the Friday night milonga.

Update #3:  Marta Mozelle, who is an accomplished jazz vocalist, will
join Wataru Niimori (piano) for the live jazz cortinas at the Sunday
night milonga.  Check out Marta's myspace page
(http://www.myspace.com/martamozellehersolidsenders) to hear clips of
her amazing singing.

Update #4:  You only have two more weeks to sign up for the 4 am
Sunday morning breakfast after the All-Night Milonga with Tanghetto.
We are so excited about this collaboration with our new neighborhood
French bistro, The Pickled Heron.  To sign up for the breakfast, go to
http://philadelphiatangofestival.com/menu.html

Update #5:  In addition to all of the previously announced festival
teachers, we are very honored that the following tango professionals
will travel to Philadelphia to attend the festival: Damian Lobato,
Claudio Fortes & Diana Sanchez, Isidoro & Viviana Levinson, Eric
Lindgren, and hopefully no one that I'm forgetting. What does this
mean?  It means that the aggregate awesome-ness in the  festival
milongas is going to be off the charts.

Update #6:  The festival workshops are sold out with the exception of
one slot for a leader in the very last workshop.  If you'd like to
snag it, you can do so by calling 617-291-3798.

Update #7:  On-line registration for the milongas at a discounted
price will be available until May 23.  After that date, payment (by
cash or check only) can be made at the door at the regular price.
Here's the link for on-line registration:
http://philadelphiatangofestival.com/registration.html

Questions? Contact Meredith Klein at 617-291-3798 or email
meredithklein at gmail.com.

The 1st Philadelphia International Tango Festival is brought to you by
the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School
(http://philadelphiatangoschool.com)

We are very grateful for the help and collaboration of the following
Philadelphia-area tango instructors & organizations. Please check out
their websites and attend their classes & events!

Lesley Mitchell & Kelly Ray (http://dancephiladelphia.com/)
Tango Hop - Lori Coyle & Sam Wilson (http://sanghaspace.com/)
Guillermo Elkouss & Vittoria Natale (http://www.argentangodancers.com/)
Teresa & Juan Carlos Figueroa (http://www.tangotuyo.com/)