[Tango-A] NA-C: Chicago Mini Tango Festival with Alberto Dassieu and El Pibe Sarandi

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 13:39:06 EDT 2010

Chicago Mini Tango Festival with Alberto Dassieu and El Pibe Sarandi

Buenos Aires in Chicago. Less than two weeks until the Chicago Mini Tango Festival. Come join us and the great milongueros Alberto Dassieu and Ricardo “El Pibe” Sarandi, both from Buenos Aires.  Come join them and our other instructors from Buenos Aires, Canada and Italy, including: Elina Roldan, Paulina Spinoso, Gustavo Benzecry, Maria Olivera, Oscar Casas, Mary Ann Casas, and guest instructor Maria Paola Palaia.

We also plan to have wonderful music over the weekend from our djs which include:  Ramu Pyreddy (Washington, D.C.),  Jorge Andres (Toronto), Oleh Kovalchuke (Kansas City), Maria Olivera (Buenos Aires), Derrick Del Pilar (San Francisco and Tucson), and Maria Paola Palaia (Rome)

Come enjoy the wonderful performances over the weekend including our wonderful Argentina Night grand milonga on Saturday evening. Also enjoy our all night milonga after the grand milonga and if your motor is still running take a nap and join us at the "Eye Opener" milonga on Sunday morning.

Come join our registered guest to the Festival.  People are coming from: Tucson, Arizona; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Calgary, Canada; Thunder Bay, Canada; Toronto, Canada; Aurora, Colorado; Washington, D.C.; Gainesville, Florida; Orlando, Florida; Tallahassee, Florida;  Tampa, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Iowa City, Iowa;  Buffalo Grove, Illinois; Burr Ridge, Illinois; Champaign, Illinois; Chicago, Illinois;  Evanston, Illinois; Northbrook, Illinois; Richton Park, Illinois; Urbana, Illinois; Indianapolis, Indiana; Fairway, Kansas; Kansas City, Kansas; Leawood, Kansas; Burnsville, Minnesota;  Grawn, Michigan; Traverse City, Michigan; West Bloomfield, Michigan; Bloomington, Minnesota; Cottage Grove, Minnesota; Edina, Minnesota; Overland, Missouri; St. Louis, Missouri;  Oakland, New Jersey; Toms River, New Jersey; Brooklyn, New York; Chappel Hill, North Carolina; Durham, North Carolina; Canton, Ohio;
 Cincinnati,
 Ohio; Cleveland, Ohio; Cleveland Heights, Ohio; Enon, Ohio; Westlake, Ohio;  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; State College, Pennsylvania;  Memphis, Tennessee; Dallas, Texas;  Houston, Texas; Murray, Utah; Brookfield, Wisconsin;  Deerfield, Wisconsin; Little Chute, Wisconsin;  Madison, Wisconsin;  Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Wauwatosa, Wisconsin; and, of course, Buenos Aires.

The Festival will include the ability to select from over 20 workshops. There also will be eight milongas. We will have a number of returning vendors, including: Diva Boutique, Chicago Dance Supply, Ritz Tango Café, and Soft Chocolates. We also will feature an exhibition by artist Julian Althabe from Buenos Aires.

Pricing & Registration:
Either pay by paypal™ or mail a check (postmarked by March 30th). For more pricing and registration information, please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php

A limited number of Milonga Passes are available for $70; these passes are available only until March 30, 2010.

Schedule and private lessons:
To see the Festival schedule please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php

Private lessons are available with the instructors before, during and after the Festival. To schedule a lesson please send an email to info at chicagotangofestival.com.

Lodging:
There are several lodging alternatives. For more information on lodging options, please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Lodging.php.

We have several out of town guests that are looking for local hosts. If you are able to host out of town guests, please contact Grace Mittenhal at lodging at chicagotangofestival.com.

For more information on the Festival, please go to
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com. Looking forward to seeing you in less than two weeks. Buenos Aires in Chicago!!!

Abrazos,

Ray Barbosa

Organizers and contributors:
Chicago Milonguero, Ltd. and the Argentine Tango Club of the University of Chicago