[Tango-A] NA-C: Chicago Mini Tango Festival latest additions and updates

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 23:33:29 EDT 2010

Buenos Aires in Chicago!!!! April 8-11, 2010!!!  Less than three weeks remain until the start of the 2010 Chicago Mini Tango Festival!!!

We have added a number of surprises for the 2010 Festival. The biggest
announcement is that the great milonguero, Ricardo "El Pibe Sarandi" Maceiras, joined by Elina Roldan, will be participating the Festival as instructors and performers. "El Pibe Sarandi" is a master of milonga.  Elina, who delighted attendees last year, returns once again to the Chicago Mini Tango Festival.  Tosee a video of them performing together, go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS5Bw2fKoYA

We will also have some guest performers:  Elizabeth Olivera (www.tangoal2x4.com)and Pampa Cortes (www.pampatangosoul.com) will be performing on Friday evening; and socially conscious hip hop artist Momo Smitt will perform his tango raps on Sunday evening. Momo performed at the 2009 Ashland Turkey Tango Festival:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGemBmEw0hk

In addition to the above instructors, we still plan to have as previously announced: Gustavo Saba Benzecry (Argentina) and Maria Olivera (Argentina), Oscar Casas (Argentina) and Mary Ann Casas (Canada), and Maria Paola Palia (Italy).  We are still hoping that Alberto Dassieu and Paulina Spinoso can still participate in the Festival.  There are delays in the processing of their work visas.

DJs include: Ramu Pyreddy (Washington, D.C.), Jorge Andres (Toronto), Lampis Zalavras (Los Angeles), Oleh Kovalchuke (Kansas City), and Maria Olivera (Buenos Aires).

The Festival will include the ability to select from over 20 workshops. There also will be eight milongas (including our Saturday Argentina night milonga with wine, empanadas, and fantastic performances; the Saturday all night milonga; and, our special Sunday morning "Eye Opener milonga").

We will have a number of returning vendors, including: Diva Boutique, Chicago Dance Supply, Ritz Tango Café, 312 and Soft Chocolates.   We also will feature an exhibition by artist Julian Althabe from Buenos Aires.

Pricing & Registration:
Either pay by paypal™ or mail a check (postmarked by March 30th).  For more pricing and registration information, please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php

A limited number of Milonga Passes are available for $70; these passes are available only until March 30, 2010.

Schedule and private lessons:
To see the Festival schedule please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php

Private lessons are available with the instructors before, during and after the Festival.  To schedule a lesson please send an email to
info at chicagotangofestival.com.

Lodging:
There are several lodging alternatives. For more information on lodging options, please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Lodging.php.

We have several out of town guests that are looking for local hosts.  If you are able to host out of town guests, please contact Grace Mittenhal at lodging at chicagotangofestival.com.

For more information on the Festival, please go to
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com. Looking forward to see you in less than three weeks.  Buenos Aires in Chicago!!!

Abrazos,

Ray Barbosa

Organizers and contributors:
Chicago Milonguero, Ltd. and the Argentine Tango Club of the University of Chicago