[Tango-A] NA-E: Atlanta Tango Festival schedule: All about the music

Angel Montero angel_montero01 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 12:01:24 EST 2010

The Atlanta Tango Festival (April; 15-18 2010) schedule is up, and IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!

SCHEDULE
In addition to have some of the best DJs in the country taking care of the music in our SEVEN milongas, the teachers have chosen topics for their workshops that are in great measure connected to the music. Our of TWENTY (20) classes, at least 12 have a title that refers to music or musicality, and even some mention orchestras by name (D'Arienzo, De Caro, Pugliese)

For a fully detailed schedule, please visit: http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/schedule.html

REGISTRATION
Of course, to take advantage of these classes, you have to register for the Festival.
Passes range from $65 for a Milonga Pass (no workshops included, sorry) to $175 for an All Access Pass.

You can register by Paypal or by check. For details, please visit: http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/passes.html

SPECIAL CLASSES:
We have two special treats not included in any pass, given the special character of the classes.

Wednesday night, Dan Boccia will be in charge of Atlanta Tango's regular class. In this occasion, he will have Brigitta Winkler as a his special guess.
The topic: Clarity, Contrast and Sharing the Rhythm. More details at www.atlantatango.com

Also, Saturday April 17th, all the DJs will share their ideas with everybody interested in a brunch/round table/seminar with a long Q/A section. The topics for this seminar are still in the air; from why becoming a DJ, to choosing the music for a performance, to tango history and modern tango music. $15 will give you breakfast and a lot of tango.

PRIVATE CLASSES
All the teachers are available for private instruction. Please send us any request, even if you already talked to the teacher. We will coordinate the classes maximize the use of time and space.
Of course, priority will be given to festival attendants with a Festival or an All Access Pass.

VENUE
Al the events (other than Wednesday class) will take place at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Atlanta. The hotel is located between walking distance of many Atlanta attractions.
With the festival taking place late in April, the weather promises to be great, and that is your opportunity to enjoy the real Souther hospitality.
The hotel discount rate for the Festival is $109/night, including free WiFi.
To make your reservation, please visit: http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/venue.html
If you are looking for a roommate, we can try to help you. Just send us a message with the request.

As always, do not hesitate to ask any question. We are willing to help everybody to have a great time doing what we love: TANGO.

Angel Montero
www.atlantatangofestival.com