[Tango-A] N-E: Gay Pride Parade rehearsals, class and march

StrictlyTraditional Tango statnyc at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 01:32:48 EDT 2010

Join us to represent Tango at Manhattan Gay Pride Parade
This year in the Gay Pride Parade Tango will be represented by our school celebrating our second anniversary. This is a great opportunity to spread tango to the thousands of viewers and all press media.

Rehearsals
Thursday June 24th, 7-8:00pm

No tango experience required
No partner needed
The tango choreographer Anton Gazenbeek will be teaching Tricks, Poses and short tango routines to show ourselves off at the Parade. The ones attending the rehearsal will perform 30 seconds routine in front of the judges.
Chelsea Studios, 151 W 26th st, 5th fl.
$10 minimum donation.

Saturday June 26th
Pride Parade Tango at Central park
FREE Open Role Class 7pm by Anton & Sergio from Rainbow Tango NYC
Free outdoor dancing  & Class  Saturday    Outdoor Milonga 6:00-9:00pm;  Free Beginner Lesson at 7:30 pm  Free
Donations of Beverages or Snacks are Greatly Appreciated)
Regular location: by the Shakespeare Statue Directions: Enter park at 66th St "Tavern on the Green", go around the Sheep Meadow.  Statue is located at south end of The Mall.
Rain location: nearby Dairy

Marching at Manhattan Gay Pride Parade
Sunday, June 27th 10:30am (our alignment is 11am)

Please join us to show tango. Bring costumes, hats, scarves, make up, etc. Comfortable shoes to dance on the street. Show your best tango off.

Suggested costumes:
Black bottom (pants, skirts, etc), black T-shirt (Tang tops, no sleeves, etc), black hats.
rainbow color details such as Tie, scarf, belt, socks, face make up, etc
Let’s have fun!

We will have Tango music in our vehicle and we will be performing short tango routines and poses like sentadas, montadas, flips, etc.

Meeting Point
39th st between 5th & 6th av
We will marching with the Argentinean-Uruguayan group "MATEANDO"
The group is 11th from 18 in the street alignment. Look for the Argentinean Flag
10:30am sharp
We will rehearsal our routines.
Our alignment time is 11am
If you miss this meeting, find us in the parade where Argentinean Flags

For more infowww.nycpride.org
It will be desirable you register sending and email to statnyc at yahoo.com

Strictly Traditional Argentine Tango
WWW.LEARNARGENTINETANGO.COM