[Tango-A] Television Show Calls for Argentine Tango Dancers

Linda Sutton ldsutton at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 16:21:33 EDT 2010

CALL FOR DANCERS:
TELEVISION SHOW CALLS FOR ARGENTINE TANGO DANCERS

Dear TANGUEROS:

The 22Tango Show is filming its second season and one-hour special and is looking for dancers like you!  The 22Tango Show is looking for 15 Argentine tango dance couples to feature during its one hour special and throughout the upcoming season.  The 22Tango Show is also looking for advanced level Argentine tango male dancers (without partners) who would like to be featured dancing or performing with the show’s female hostess!

The one-hour special is our special MILONGA EPISODE where we are turning the television studio into a tango hall!  That’s right.  Right there in the studio, we will be dancing and celebrating the tango on television!  During this shoot, we will be filming segments that highlight each of the six major styles of tango:  candombe, milonga, cayengue, tango, vals, and Nuevo tango.  In addition, we will interview dancers through the milonga and have a great evening dancing and sharing the culture of tango.  Finally, we will film “performance segments” of pre-screened couples that will be shown throughout the season.   If selected to perform, prepare a 90 second, 3 minute and five minute selection.  In addition, bring two to three changes of clothes as well so that segments can be shown on different shows.

If interested in being a performance couple or male feature, please email 22tangotraining at gmail.com with a link to a video of you dancing, as well as a one paragraph biography.  We will give consideration to couples of varying levels with priority given to those who are proficient.  Once selected, a guest confirmation with all details will be sent.

ABOUT THE SHOW
The 22TANGO SHOW is a mixed genre show that takes its audience on a journey into all aspects of tango---the culture and dance of tango, as well as tango as a metaphor for relationships.  Our purpose is to educate our audience on a new way of looking at relationships, as well as give them a new set of tools that they can use to transform all of the relationships in their lives.  We intend to “move” our viewers and have fun every step of the way!  The 22TANGO SHOW airs on Monday nights at 11:00 pm on Access 21.

FILM DATE:  WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9, 2010, 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Charlotte, North Carolina

If interested, please contact Linda Sutton at 22tangotraining at gmail.com by Saturday morning.  We look forward to hearing from you!

In the spirit of dance,

Linda D. Sutton