[Tango-A] Milonga Para Los Niños 2010

John Lowry john at lowry.com.au
Thu Jun 3 21:13:24 EDT 2010

Brisbane, Australia
A weekend of sheer Tango indulgence to celebrate the 10th Anniversary
of Milonga Para Los Niños, including:
Joaquin Amenabar in concert with Tango Paradiso.

Friday 30th July, 8:30 pm

Direct from Argentina, following a successful European tour, Joaquin
Amenabar, bandoneonist, Tango band leader and Tango expert, playing in
concert in Australia for the first time.

Tango Paradiso play their finest concert pieces, featuring Canadian
violinist, Antonio Bernal from Tango Paradiso, Vancouver.

Venue: Old Queensland Museum, Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills (next to
the Ekka).

Read more about Jaoquin Amenabar at the Milonga Para Los Niños website
and at www.joaquinamenabar.com

Bookings and prices www.paralosninos.net

"Night of the Milongueros" 10th Anniversary Milonga Para Los Niños
Charity Ball

Saturday 30th July; 8pm

Tattersalls Club historic Long Bar, Queens Street Mall, Brisbane.
(view the virtual tour)

To celebrate this special night we will honour all the people who have
supported Milonga Para Los Niños and the development of Tango in our
region. During the night they will be introduced to you and invited to
take the floor for the “Dance of the Milongueros”.

Live dance music will be provided by Joaquin Amenabar and his
Australian Tango quartet. This band was the highlight of the 2009
Sydney Tango Festival.

Here is what they say...

...... I have experienced exceptions, foremost of which I place groups
formed around Joaquin Amenabar, to which I would willing dance every
day and pay all I could afford for the pleasure....Anton (Tango-L)

Plus classic recordings to guarantee uninterrupted Tango all night.

The night will be completed with a balcony supper, where you can
overlook the dance floor and soak up the atmosphere of this very
special venue.

Jacket and tie is required for Tattersalls Long Bar.

Bookings and prices www.paralosninos.net

Tea & Tango  – Tango tea dance in the fabulous Tattersalls Members
Dining Room.

Sunday 1st August – 2 – 5pm

Your once in a lifetime opportunity to dance Tango in the most elegant
Art Deco setting in Brisbane. (view the virtual tour athttp://www.tattersallsclub.com/vr/memdining.htm

Includes high tea and Tango.  Dress - Elegant

Numbers for this venue are restricted, so if you are intending to buy
a full Event Pass please book early to avoid disappointment.

Bookings and Prices www.paralosninos.net

Joaquin Amenabar Workshops

Saturday 30th July and Sunday 1st August

Wellers Hill Bowls Club, Esher St., Tarragindi
For the first time in brisbane, following his sell-out European tour
of 23 cities, Joaquin Amenabar will deliver his popular Dance to the
Music workshop series in Queensland. This workshop series is
definitely not to be missed if you want to take your Tango to the next
level.

No 1 - Dancing with the Melody
Sat 31st - 10-11:30 am
The melody as a new rhythmic element while dancing Tango: interpreting
the melody in tango a a second rhythmic option parallel to the beat.
No 2 - Tango Rhythm
Sat 31st - 1:30-3 pm
Simple, double and half time step in tango: recognizing the units in
the music and adapting our steps to them to improve the connection
between our movements and the music
No 3 - Musicality for Milonga
Sun 1st - 9-10:30 am
Milonga: diferent cases of double and simple time in Milonga according
to the melody. Regular and irregular double time, simple time, milonga
lisa and simple time with different weights. Advanced concepts.
Bookings and prices www.paralosninos.net
Here is what the say......

I attended Joaquin Amenabar's workshops at the NZ Tango Festival 2009.

Joaquin's workshops have enabled me to enjoy dancing to tango music's
beautiful passionate melodies, rather than being stuck dancing only to
the rhythm. His workshops were fun, interactive and simple to
understand. I would recommend them to all tango dancers. - Michael
Sheppard, Brisbane 2010

Workshops for all levels on Tango and Milonga Rhythm from the most
simple units to the most advanced including "Síncopa" and
"Contratiempo". Tango Form and Structure, Recognising Phrases,
Adapting the steps to each rhythmical and melodic structure.   Tango
commuter, Janaury 2010

I took workshops with JA a couple of years ago and recommend them to
everyone. As you say, he teaches tango as "music leading to dance".
The world of tango could stand a hundred times more of this. - Anon 7
February 2010

Joaquin,what can I say, it was a privilege – Tqngo Commuter January 2010

If those who teach tango could talk about the music as Joaquin does,
there would be many more good tango dancers around the world.
Jantango, January 2010.

Bookings and prices www.paralosninos.net

ANY TANGO GROUP, INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANISER WILLING TO DONATE ONE MILONGA
PER YEAR TO PARA LOS NINOS, PLEASE CONTACT PRESIDENT at PARALOSNINOS.NET